Pediatric Aerodigestive Program
The Swedish Pediatric Aerodigestive Program is a program dedicated to caring for children with complex breathing and swallowing disorders. We diagnose and treat children with disorders of the aerodigestive tract, many of which are related to prematurity. Our patients are children with a history of repeated breathing tube insertions (intubations), recurrent croup, noisy breathing, chronic cough, choking (aspiration), food allergies, recurrent vomiting and difficulties swallowing. We are particularly well prepared to identify and prevent complications affecting children with a history of tracheo-esophageal fistula and/or esophageal atresia.
Our team consists of board-certified specialists in pediatric gastroenterology, pulmonology and otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat). A comprehensive evaluation from the Pediatric Aerodigestive Program consists of a single visit to our clinic. In one room, you can expect to meet with multiple specialists, who will agree on a single treatment plan to best manage your child’s condition.
There are many advantages of having an entire medical team at Swedish:
- A comprehensive one-time evaluation with all your specialists in the same room allows us to provide the best patient care and experience possible, and is cost and time saving for patients and families
- Families appreciate the convenience and comfort of having one team that speaks with the same voice.
- Our operating rooms have the same staff during every session, which improves safety and efficiency.
- Your team is entirely comprised of attending physicians (fully trained and credentialed doctors).
- We are all pediatric specialists – we know kids.