Swedish Transfer & Operations Center
The Swedish Transfer & Operations Center (STOC) is available to coordinate all transfers and direct admits within our network of hospitals and clinics. With just one brief call you can begin the process to direct admit a patient or request a patient transfer. The STOC is designed to provide a more efficient process for transfers into the Swedish Health system by providing 24 hours, 7 days a week access to experienced transfer agents who will serve as your single point of contact coordinating the entire process.
- Toll-Free: 866.470.4BED (866.470.4233)
- Fax: 877.444.1275
What to expect from our staff:
- Speak with experienced RNs to facilitate each transfer
- Request a specific medical/surgical service or physician on call
- Join a two-way physician to physician conference call with the accepting physician
- Complete your direct admissions or transfers in about 15 minutes from the time your call is received
- Confirmation of the capability and capacity to receive your patient at one of our locations
- Assignment of the appropriate level bed based on patients reported condition that will be ready when your patient arrives
- Assistance in ensure compliance with EMTALA and other laws regarding transfers of patients between medical facilities
How to Transfer a Patient
Call our 24/7 hotline (866.470.4233) to speak with an experienced transfer center agent and provide the following information:
- Patient's name, date of birth, diagnosis and reason for transfer
- Sending facility name and physician's name and contact information
- Current clinical status of the patient/level of care requested
- Medical Service(s) required
- Be prepared to fax (877.444.1275) patient’s clinical information, face-sheet or other information to the STOC as requested by the STOC agent
Please note: Requests for transfer will be evaluated based on the patient’s clinical condition, availability of resources and following all applicable patient transfer laws.
Image Transfer Process
Please follow your institution's process for electronically sending medical images to Swedish. If your facility is not set up to transfer images, please send with the patient a copy of images burned onto a CD.