Arnold Pavilion Specialty Pharmacy
Arnold Pavilion Specialty Pharmacy
As a specialty pharmacy, our services are limited to patients who have been referred by their provider.
The Arnold Pavilion Specialty Pharmacy provides services beyond that of a regular pharmacy. Our goal is to be there during every step of your treatment journey, and to help you stay healthier, longer. We provide a wide range of patient care to ensure you are supported, educated and empowered as our patient.
A pharmacist-on-call is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week for any question you may have, including emergency and clinical situations such as concerns about side effects, medication assistance and complaint resolution.
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Organ transplant
24/7 clinical support
Our pharmacy staff is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. We proactively work with you, your doctor(s) and support staff to manage your condition, side effects and any unforeseen issues that may arise. We maintain consistent and thorough communication with your provider to ensure any concerns are mitigated quickly and effectively. Your comfort and well-being is our top priority.
To expedite the delivery of your medication, our financial team will work diligently with your insurance provider to ensure you receive the most accurate estimate of out-of-pocket costs. If you feel that the cost of care is out of reach, we will attempt to source possible funding to alleviate financial burden, if possible.
We understand that your time is valuable, so we offer medication pick up at the pharmacy, or secure shipment via next day delivery. Please let us know if your address, phone number or delivery preference changes.
If your physician has referred you to this pharmacy, please follow these instructions:
- Your prescriber must send a valid prescription to our pharmacy via their preferred means. A prescription can be brought in person, faxed by the doctor, sent electronically by the doctor or called into the pharmacy by the doctor. When a valid prescription is on file, you may call into our pharmacy to place your order and setup a shipment during regular business hours.
- Your doctor can e-scribe or fax a new prescription to us. Please note, certain controlled substance medications cannot be faxed. The paper copy of these prescriptions must be brought or sent to the pharmacy.
- Your prescription may be filled with a generic equivalent substitution based on state law, equivalency rating and in accordance with company policy. Please ask a Pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
- We will let you know if the pharmacy is unable to fulfill the medication request. Suggestions and guidance on where the medication may be available will be given upon request.
- We will call to schedule your refill order a week or so before you should run out of medication.
- If you run out prior to us contacting you, or you would like to go ahead and order your refill, please contact us. Please have your prescription number(s) available to place your order.
- During business hours, you can call the pharmacy to speak with a staff member or follow the prompts to request your refill using your prescription number.
- If you need to fill a prescription that is limited by your insurance company benefits (example: refill early because you are going on vacation or lost prescription), please let us know so we can coordinate with your insurance company to obtain an exemption.
- If you call to request a refill outside of regular business hours, please leave a message with your name, birthdate, medication and prescription number(s). A pharmacy staff member will respond the following business day.
- Inform us of any insurance, address or health changes.
- If you need your prescription immediately, ask us to expedite it. If you cannot wait for a shipment, you may ask about having your prescription transferred to a local pharmacy. The prescription can be transferred back to us the next time it is needed.
For patients who have been referred to the specialty pharmacy, here are answers to frequently asked questions.
Our standard processing time is normally less than 24 hours. This does not include delivery time. If processing time is delayed longer than 48 hours, we will contact you to notify you of your options so you don’t go without medication.
We will immediately let you know if there are any issues that may delay fulfillment such as prior authorizations or quantity limits imposed by your insurance company. We will work with you and your physician to get any prior authorizations completed as quickly as possible. If your insurance company will not allow a quantity override due to unforeseen circumstances, we will help determine the best way to get the medication you require.
Medications are sent via FedEx (Standard Overnight). Priority Overnight is available or required for some medications. If your medication will be delayed, we will call you to let you know. If you do not receive your medication on time, please call us. We will work with you to make sure you have a continuous supply of medication.
Prescriptions are shipped Monday through Friday for next day delivery, and in some areas and urgent cases, Saturday. Medication delivery is a complimentary service at no additional charge to you.
All medications will require your signature for delivery. We will coordinate with you to schedule the most convenient delivery time to ensure your availability to sign for the prescription.
Prescription cost will vary depending on your insurance. If your insurance is considered Out-of-Network we will provide you, in writing, the amount charged by Swedish Arnold Pavilion Pharmacy for the medication.
Because drug pricing can change on a daily basis, a final determination of your co-pay cost cannot be made until your claim is processed. You may also call the Member Services phone number on your prescription insurance card to get the most current information.
If you are unable to afford the out-of-pocket cost for your prescription, Swedish Arnold Pavilion Pharmacy will work to identify co-pay card assistance, patient assistant programs, or other support and/or charitable organizations.
The cost may also vary depending on the quantity of medication. Your prescription will be filled for the amount of medication that the physician prescribes. Please be sure to advise your physician to prescribe for the maximum amount/days’ supply allowable by your insurance coverage (days allowed may vary by plan).
If you have Medicare Part D drug coverage, the cost of your prescription will change significantly as you meet your deductible and initial co-pay, progress through the “donut hole” and reach total out-of-pocket expense. Patient care coordinators can assist you in determining and understanding your options.
Swedish Arnold Pavilion Pharmacy accepts cash as well as all major credit cards. If mailing payment, please do not mail cash.
We have a kiosk in our waiting room where you can securely dispose of unwanted or expired medication. For information on how to properly dispose of your unwanted or expired medications, click here. If your medication is not listed, refer to the handouts given in the welcome packet.
We will notify you if there is a recall on your medication and give you instructions on what to do.
The Patient Management Program is included at no cost to you and you are automatically enrolled as a patient of Swedish Arnold Pavilion Pharmacy. You may opt out at any time.
Pharmacists will work with you on any problems, concerns or questions you may have regarding your medication therapy. Issues discussed include disease overview, medication, dose, dose frequency, interactions, side effects, physical assessments and coordination of care with your physician when appropriate, etc.
Swedish Arnold Pavilion Pharmacy provides patient specific evidence-based health information about your condition, diagnosis and treatment plan. A list of the information sources is available upon request. We will provide you with additional education sources that may be available such as websites, counseling groups, and other providers that may be beneficial to you.
The potential health benefits of this program include: side effect management, disease state and medication education, medication compliance/requirements, and coordination of care with physician(s). All of these benefits allow us to make the best decisions possible for you as our patient.
The potential limitations of this program are dependent on you as the patient. You must be willing to follow the directions of your physician and pharmacist, be compliant with taking your medication and willing to discuss the details of your disease, medical history and current practices with your pharmacist so we can have a full understanding of your situation. Please let your physician know you are a patient of Swedish Arnold Pavilion Pharmacy and are enrolled in our Patient Management Program. A good relationship between your physician and your pharmacist will benefit everyone involved in your care.