At Swedish Pain Services – First Hill, our pain specialists will evaluate you to determine the cause of persistent pain and then make recommendations for treatment and management. Your individualized, patient-centered treatment plan may include:
- Behavioral health services like cognitive behavioral therapy and relaxation training
- Diagnostic and therapeutic fluoroscopic or ultrasound guided injections
- Energy medicine to rebalance energetic systems by assessing the mind, body, environmental, emotional and spiritual dimensions of a patient to manage pain and suffering
- Implantable devices
- Injection therapies
- Medication management
- Neuromodulation therapies including spinal cord stimulation and intrathecal drug delivery systems (pain pumps)
- Patient education and a self-management plan
- Occupational therapy
- Opioid addiction and dependency management services
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Relaxation training
We diagnose and treat conditions such as:
- Acute pain (after surgery or injury)
- Back pain
- Chronic pain
- Cancer pain
- Other disease-related pain
- Post-trauma symptoms
- Reflex-sympathetic dystrophy
For faster registration, you can download and complete our patient forms and bring them to you visit.
Please fill out the Follow-up Questionnaire.
Your doctor must refer you to Swedish Pain Services – First Hill. We will send you forms to complete and bring to your first appointment. Other information to bring to your first appointment include:
- Insurance information – Contact your insurance provider to ensure proper coverage. Bring your insurance information to your first visit and registration.
- Medical records – Ask your referring doctor or primary care doctor to Fax your medical records, including any X-rays or other images, Attention: New Referrals. You can also bring your medical records with you.
For any billing questions, contact us at 206-215-6531.
To cancel or reschedule an appointment, contact us no later than 24 hours before your appointment.
We evaluate the cause of persistent pain and provide recommendations for treatment and management.
- An individualized patient centered treatment plan that may include medication management; injection therapies; implantable devices; physical and occupational therapy; behavioral health (i.e., cognitive behavioral therapy, relaxation training); nursing education and self-management
- Diagnostic and therapeutic fluoroscopic or ultrasound guided injections in our outpatient procedure suites
- Neuromodulation therapies including spinal cord stimulation and intrathecal drug delivery systems (i.e., pain pumps)
- Opioid addiction and dependency management services, including pharmacologic management and acupuncture
- Highly successful comprehensive outpatient pain rehabilitation programs
Structured Functional Restoration Program
Our Structured Functional Restoration Program (SFRP) is a comprehensive “boot camp” service that coordinates care offered by our interdisciplinary team of pain specialists and providers.
Your initial assessment will include a comprehensive evaluation by our pain psychologist and a pain medicine specialist. During this visit, you and your providers will develop a treatment plan. The initial visit takes place over two to three hours.
You’ll participate in four to five hour-long sessions, two to three times per week. During each session, patients visit with multiple pain providers and educators, sometimes individually and other times in groups.
This structured, half-day program can teach you new skills to help you better manage your pain.