as instructed by your clinical coordinator through Clinical Placements Northwest (CPNW) annually:
- Submit to school coordinator your Clinical Passport supporting documents
- Complete CPNW self-learning modules
Before you get started
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will allow you to view PDF documents and use the e-signature features on the forms.
Review the following:
Swedish nursing student orientation consists of three parts:
- Online Education to be completed prior to your Classroom Orientation date. This will take several hours to complete and can be done using most devices and internet platforms.
- Orientation Learning Modules education modules to be completed prior to your Classroom Orientation date. This will take several hours to complete.
- Classroom Orientation will be arranged between your school's nursing Instructor and Swedish Academic Affiliations.
Review the following:
Complete the following topics as directed by your instructor:
Complete specialty area content as directed by your instructor:
Orientation Learning Modules
Complete modules: For returning students (within the same quarter/semester) click here to access your Rise account. If you are returning for a new quarter/semester, please follow the steps below registering with the same email you registered previously.
- Step 1: Complete the Swedish Non-Employed Caregiver Education Enrollment form using your school email. Pay special attention to which "Role" you choose:
• Student - Precepted Undergraduate Nurse
• Student - Undergraduate Nurse
- Step 2: You will receive an email from Rise inviting you to register for an account. Accept the invitation and create a password to complete your enrollment.
- Step 3: Complete all modules assigned (new assignments added annually) then return to this student portal to complete your orientation
***Please note, each module only needs to be completed once but there are additional modules to do when starting your senior practicum. To access these modules:
- Step 1: Log in to Rise and search the library on the left.
- Step 2: Locate the Precepted Undergraduate Nurse modules then click on the heart in the upper right corner of the module to add it to your list.
- Step 3: Click on the < carrot in the upper left corner to return to your "My Learning" page. Your assigned modules can now be found under "My List" on the left hand side.
***Issues with RISE modules: Contact Rachel Wabeke
Nursing instructors only: click the link to return to Instructor Orientation and Resources to complete your additional orientation requirements.
Disabled Account Access
If you have received notice of your account being disabled due to inactivity, please follow the steps below:
- If you are on campus at any of the Swedish or Providence facilities, log into the computer using your network login (no "s." for your ID).
- If you are returning for another clinical rotation, you will need to call the AskIT Service Desk (phone number in the deactivation email) to have your account reactivated. Once reactivated, you can log in as normal. If you do not remember your password, you may reset it on the Caregiver Access Portal.
Evaluation of Online Orientation
Completion of this online form will allow us to improve this site and/or validate its continued support. Specific comments are particularly helpful if you have suggestions for improvement. Every evaluation is read.
Nursing Student Orientation Completion Record
Submit this form to complete your online orientation.
Clinical Objectives Communication Form (Students Only)
- Print form and cut in half along the dotted line
- Complete form and give it to the RN(s) you are assigned to work with (a new form each day)
- Not required for students in final quarter of school and assigned to a staff nurse preceptor. But, it does have a list of interventions nursing students may not perform for your information.
Other Helpful Information:
- Identification Badges: Swedish does not provide identification badges for students. You are to wear your school photo identification badge when in clinical. ID is to be worn and visible (not carried in a pocket) at all times while at a Swedish facility.
- Maps and Parking