Allied Health and Graduate Nursing Student Onboarding and Orientation

We look forward to having you as a student in our facility. Learn about nursing at Swedish. For further assistance, questions, or concerns, please visit our Contact Information page.


Complete as instructed by your clinical coordinator through Clinical Placements Northwest (CPNW) annually:

  • Submit to school coordinator your Clinical Passport supporting documents
  • Complete CPNW self-learning modules

Review the following:

Student – Non-Nursing Clinical

Clinical rotation for NP/ARNP/DNP and allied professions, not all inclusive: Dietetics, Radiologic Tech, Surgical Tech, PsyD, MSW, OT, PT, Pharmacy, Respiratory Therapy

Student -- Non-Clinical

Graduate nursing faculty doing on-site visits. Non-clinical rotation for RN-BSN, MN/MSN, undergrad or graduate in Global/Public Health, HIM, administrative, coding, informatics, and/or completing research project

Student - Ambulatory Clinic and Medical Assistant

Evaluation of online orientation
  • Completion of the Online Orientation Evaluation form will allow us to improve this site and/or validate its continued support. Specific comments are particularly helpful if you have suggestions for improvement. Every evaluation is read.
Other helpful information
  • Identification Badges: Swedish does not provide identification badges for students. You are to wear your school photo identification badge when in clinical. ID is to be worn and visible (not carried in a pocket) at all times while at a Swedish facility.
  • If the student needs a security badge for facility/department access during their rotation, the preceptor and student will need to complete the Photo ID Application Form. The preceptor will take the student to the security office with the completed form and their government issued ID. The preceptor is also responsible for ensuring that the badge is returned to the security office at the end of the rotation.