Call 206-386-BABY (2229)
If you'd like to have your baby at Swedish, let us help you find a doctor or midwife.
A pregnancy is considered high-risk when there are potential complications that could affect you, your baby, or both. These complications will require special attention from your doctor.
Here are some factors that make for a high-risk pregnancy:
• You or your partner have a family history of genetic concerns
• You’ve had complications during a previous pregnancy
• Complications have developed during your current pregnancy
• You have a pre-existing medical condition such as high blood pressure or diabetes
• You’re expecting more than one baby (twins or more)
We offer comprehensive care for you and your baby every step of the way, providing seamless care before, during and after birth. Our OB/GYNs
are experienced at treating women with both low and high-risk pregnancies. You can also get a referral from your doctor to see specialists at our Maternal and Fetal Specialty Center.
Your pregnancy may not be an easy one, but you can feel confident that you’re getting the most advanced care, and the kindest as well.