There will be times when you will hear emergency codes given through the overhead paging system. SMC staff is trained to respond to these codes, but an explanation is provided to you to familiarize you with these codes in order to assist you in interpreting any required action for patients. To report the following codes yourself, follow the guide below:
- Dial 3000 or 911 for First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Issaquah, and ACC’s
- Dial 5911 or 911 for Edmonds
- State code name or describe emergency.
- Give your name.
- Provide specific location (campus, floor and room # or address).
- Find the person in charge of the area to assist you in responding. There is a Nursing Supervisor available 24/7 at all hospitals.
||Missing adult patient
||Hazardous material spill or release
|Code Triage Internal
||Activation of the disaster plan due to an internal emergency such as a power outage
|Code Triage External
||Activation of the disaster plan due to an external emergency such as an airplane crash
||Fire or unexplained smoke
||A patient's behavior becomes disorderly or threatening
||Any person (staff/visitor/patient) actively harming/intent to do harm with a weapon and/or hostage situation
||Threatening out-of-control visitor or employee
|Code Amber Alert
||Missing Patient: newborn through age 17
||Urgent medical support, cardiac or respiratory arrest
||Patient with possible new stroke
|Rapid Response Team
||Critical care consult for change in patient condition