Integrity, Compliance, Privacy, & Security
Reporting a Concern
Swedish has an expectation that all concerns will be reported!
- Concerns that impose a serious or immediate compliance risk that can significantly impact licensure, accreditation, reimbursement, or may lead to a major legal claim.
- Concerns surrounding patient, employee, or contractor safety should be reported immediately to Swedish staff at your assignment.
- Non-Retaliation policy protects all persons from harassment or other adverse actions for reporting potential wrongdoing in good faith.
Four-Step Reporting Process (continue to next step if escalation needed)
- Discuss the issue or concern with Swedish staff or providers at your assignment.
- Discuss the issue or concern with your agency management.
- Ask your agency management to contact the Linguistic Services Manager.
- SMC Linguistic Services will contact System Integrity or a local regional compliance/privacy representative.
- You may also always call the Swedish Integrity Line (888-294-8455).