Swedish Vascular Surgery specializes in diagnosing and treating a wide range of vascular disorders. Because our vascular surgeons focus exclusively on vascular surgery, they thoroughly understand diseases affecting the arteries and veins, as well as the most effective and appropriate treatment for you.
We will work with your primary-care physician in a team approach, drawing on training and experience in the surgical and endovascular treatment of peripheral vascular disease as well as the medical treatment of vascular conditions.
If surgical or endovascular intervention is not appropriate, we will refer you back to your doctor with a recommended plan for follow-up, which may include an exercise regimen, drug therapy, smoking cessation, lipid management and anticoagulation management.
Swedish Vascular Surgery is a central resource for emergency and routine consultations, non-invasive vascular diagnostic services, and vascular surgery and endovascular procedures for arterial/venous problems and chronic vascular conditions.
Services we offer
- Aneurysm repair (open & endovascular surgery)
- Carotid, vertebral, and subclavian surgery/stenting (open & endovascular surgery)
- Dialysis access surgery
- Lower extremity revascularization (open & endovascular surgery)
- Venous disease treatments
- Visceral revascularization (open & endovascular surgery)
- Treatment for Varicose Veins and Spider Veins
We also provide many office-based procedures for the patient’s convenience and to avoid hospitalization, including:
- Temporal artery biopsy
- Chronic vascular access for those undergoing chemotherapy, kidney dialysis, long-term antibiotic treatment, and long-term intravenous alimentation
- Caval filters
- Stent placement
- Dialysis access intervention and salvage
- Endovenous laser ablation for varicose veins
- Radiofrequency closure procedure
- Ultrasound-guided, light-assisted and surface sclerotherapy techniques for varicose veins
The Swedish Vascular Laboratory provides same-day vascular diagnostic ultrasound testing with the latest, state-of-the-art equipment. We are accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC), the nation's certification authority for non-invasive vascular laboratories. Our vascular sonographers are certified as registered vascular technologists with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and have extensive experience in vascular diagnosis.
After each exam, we’ll call the referring provider about any serious findings. Referring providers have the option of having their patients with critical vascular lab findings (e.g. Acute DVT), receive a same-day, in-clinic consultation with a vascular surgeon, along with treatment and follow-up, if indicated.
We perform the following vascular tests:
- Peripheral venous duplex
- Peripheral arterial duplex
- Cerebrovascular duplex
- Abdominal vascular duplex