Thyroid and Parathyroid Center
The Swedish Thyroid and Parathyroid Center at Issaquah is a regional multidisciplinary center dedicated to the care and treatment of patients with thyroid and parathyroid disorders.
Our mission is to provide expert and comprehensive care to patients with disorders of the thyroid and parathyroid glands. Our multidisciplinary team is committed to helping patients achieve healthy outcomes. Our goal is to provide top quality, coordinated, comprehensive care in an accessible fashion.
We provide care for any patient who has or is affected by a thyroid disorder. Some of the conditions we care for include:
- Thyroid nodules and cancer
- Multiple ndocrine Neoplasia Syndromes (MENS)
- Familial and genetic thyroid nodules and cancer
Patients are cared for by a unique team of physicians and health care professionals specializing in:
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Nuclear medicine
- Laboratory sciences
- Specialty nursing
- Bone health/osteoporosis specialists
- Endocrinologists with expertise in the spectrum of thyroid disorders
- Diagnosis, treatment and management of thyroid disorders across the spectrum
- Thyroid ultrasound and fine needle aspiration
- Diagnosis, treatment and management of parathyroid disorders
- Molecular testing
- Nuclear medicine services
- Multidisciplinary team
The Thyroid is a small gland located in the neck. It produces hormones which regulate essential metabolic and chemical processes of many organ systems. Thyroid disorders have a profound impact on overall health and well-being.
The Parathyroid glands are small glands located next to the thyroid which regulate calcium. An imbalance in the regulation of calcium can cause bone loss, kidney stones, fatigue and other issues.