Talk to Someone or Make an Appointment
- DSHS Medicaid King County Residents: Call HOPELINK at 1-800-923-7433 (Mon.-Fri.,8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Best time to call is on Wednesday or Thursday. If possible, do not call during lunch hours in order to avoid “on-hold”/wait time.
- *King County Volunteer Senior Transportation Services: Provides transportation for King County residents who are 60 years or older. Priority will be given to lower income
seniors. Call King County Senior Services at 206-448-5740. Transportation is provided by volunteer drivers. These drivers are more often available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Drivers prefer not to drive during rush hour.
- *SENIOR SHUTTLE: Senior Services Van Service provides rides for residents who live and travel within established boundaries.
Note that transportation by Senior Shuttle
is not limited to medical-related visits. For Burien Shuttle, Des Moines Shuttle, and
Hyde Shuttle (Beacon Hill/Rainier Valley),
- *American Cancer Society “Road To Recovery” Program. Call the American Cancer Society Resource Navigator at 206-215-6557. If she is not available, please call the American Cancer Society’s 24-hour toll-free number to make a request: 1-800-ACS-2345. Transportation is provided by volunteer drivers and callers are not guaranteed a ride. Please allow one week for your request to process.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Patient Aid Program: There is a yearly set limit for reimbursement of expenses related to diagnosis and/or treatment, e.g., taxi rides. Patient registration required. Swedish Cancer Institute Oncology Social Workers have applications; 206-540-0477.
Following are Reduced Fare Transportation Options for King County Eligible Patients
- Access: King County Metro Paratransit Service is ‘curb-to-curb’ public transportation for people whose disabilities prevent use of the regular bus system. Preapplication is necessary to determine eligibility. Call Access Ride Line at 206-205-5000; press 4; then press 3.
- King County Metro’s Taxi Scrip Program: serves eligible low-income King County residents. Taxi scrip comes in the form of a book of tickets that provides 50% off taxi fares. Call Metro Customer Services at 206-553-3060 for an application.
- DSHS Medicaid Snohomish County Paratransit Services: Transportation is provided for Snohomish County residents receiving Medicaid. Please call 1-877-852-2580; hearing impaired residents may use TTY 1-800-934-5438.
- *Catholic Community Services Senior Volunteer Transportation Services: Residents who are 60 years or older and live in Snohomish county, please call 425-388-0236 or 1-888-240-8572.
- *American Cancer Society “Road To Recovery” Program: *American Cancer Society “Road To Recovery” Program. Call the American Cancer Society Resource Navigator at 206-386-2587. If she is not available, please call the American Cancer Society’s 24-hour toll-free number to make a request. The number is 1-800-ACS-2345. Transportation is provided by volunteer drivers and callers are not guaranteed a ride. Please allow one week for your request to process.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Patient Aid Program: This program provides a yearly set limit for reimbursement of expenses related to diagnosis and/or treatment, e.g., taxi rides. Patient registration is required. Swedish Cancer Institute Oncology Social Workers have applications; call 206-540-0477.
- Uplifters: Alderwood Community Church provides transportation to local residents who need medical treatment. Please call the church office, 425-774-7766, or the transportation coordinator, 425-778-7754 for additional information.
Following are Reduced Fare Transportation Options for Eligible Patients
- DART/Dial A-Ride: Snohomish County provides transportation for people who are 62 years or older, or who are disabled. Those interested must apply and meet eligibility requirements prior to services. Please call 1-800-562-1381 for an application and additional information. Email inquiries: email@example.com
- DART/TAP: Snohomish County also provides a minibus service for rural residents. TAP minibuses connect with DART/Dial-A-Ride transport. Those interested in this service must also meet DART guidelines (see above). TAP is wheelchair accessible.
Kitsap, Jefferson, and Clallam Counties
- DSHS Medicaid Paratransit Services: Clallam or Jefferson County: 1-800-756-5438; Kitsap County: 360-377-7007 or 1-800-756-5438; Hearing Impaired: TTY 1-800-934-5438
- The Kathleen Sutton Inspiration Fund For Breast Cancer Patients: Financial assistance to patients is provided for ferry fare, companion fare, fuel, parking and transit costs. Please call 360-620-3259 or 360-297-8516.
*Transportation requests must be made by Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday of the week before transportation is needed. Ride confirmation is available that Friday. Example: If a ride is needed for week of 1/14/2008, you must call no later than 1/7, 1/8, or 1/9. Ride confirmation for week of 1/14/2008 will be available Friday, 1/11.