American Cancer Society's Cancer Resource Navigator
The American Cancer Society offers an innovative patient-assistance program called the American Cancer Society Patient Navigator. This service complements the Swedish Cancer Institute's full range of integrated cancer-care services, which helps link patients with vital cancer related resources in the community.
What is a Patient Navigator?
The American Cancer Society Cancer Patient Navigator is a professional health care provider dedicated to helping cancer patients, families and caregivers navigate the many systems needed before, during and after diagnosis.
Benefits of This Service
The patient navigator is available to:
- Provide information and materials on coping with illness and treatment
- Refer patients to support groups, classes and community resources
- Assist with transportation and lodging for patients at free or discounted rates
- Supply complimentary wigs and hats
- Enroll patients in American Cancer Society’s Look Good Feel Better class, providing patients with free beauty and skin-care products that combat the effects of treatment
- Connect newly-diagnosed breast cancer patients with breast cancer survivors who are able to help provide support and information
- Assist with clinical trial information
Call ACS toll free at 1-800-227-2345 or visit Cancer.org/treatment to learn more.