Your Medical Records
Swedish is required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information, to provide you with a notice of its legal duties and privacy practices, and to follow the information practices that are described in this Privacy Notice (available in six languages).
Our Health Information Management Department at Swedish Cancer Institute can help you obtain your medical records.
You may want to authorize disclosure of your medical records for the purpose of:
Verbal disclosure only to your family members/caregivers
Request for continuing care release to a new physician
For you own records
What Information Can I Request to Be Disclosed?
- History & Physical
- Progress (Chart) Notes
- Radiation Treatment Records
- Operative Report
- Diagnostic Studies (Labs, X-ray, EKG, etc.)
What Information Is Required to Obtain My Medical Records?
Is There a Cost?
- There is no charge for a verbal only disclosure to family members/caregivers
- There is no charge for an authorization to disclose for purposes of continuing care.
- For other patient disclosures there is a copying charge per page is $1.02 per page for first 30 pages and $.78 per page for all other pages and 9.5% tax.
How to Send the Request Form?
SCI Medical Records
1221 Madison Street, 4th Flr
Seattle, WA 98104
We do not take requests by phone, but if you need to speak to someone at the SCI Health Information Management Dept, you can call: 206-386-3706 where you can leave a message and your call will be returned.
How Long Does It Take to Get the Records?
There is normally a 72 hour turnaround for requests to be processed. Requests can be faxed or mailed. In the case of continuing clinical care and verbal disclosures this processing time may be expedited.