Graduate Nursing Student Onboarding and Orientation

Welcome to Swedish Health Services

We look forward to having you as a student in our facility. Learn more about Swedish.

Have questions?

For further assistance, email Swedish Academic Affiliations

All New Graduate Nursing Students and Faculty (On-Site Visits)


Complete as instructed by your clinical coordinator through Clinical Placements Northwest (CPNW) annually:

  • Submit your Clinical Passport supporting documents to your school coordinator
  • Complete CPNW self-learning modules


Before you get started:

  • Download Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will allow you to view PDF documents and use the e-signature features on the forms.


Orientation Learning Modules

For returning students, access your Rise account to complete modules

  • Step 1: Complete the Swedish Non-Employed Caregiver Education Enrollment form using your school email. Pay special attention to which "Role" you choose:
    • Student - Allied Health/Nurse Practitioner
      (Clinical rotation for NP/ARNP/DNP and allied professions, not all inclusive: Dietetics, Radiologic Tech, MSW, OT, PT)
    • Student - Graduate/Non-Clinical
      (Graduate nursing faculty doing on-site visits. Non-clinical rotation for MN/MSN, undergrad or graduate in Global/Public Health, HIM, administrative, coding, informatics or completing research project)
  • Step 2: You will receive an email from Rise inviting you to register for an account. Accept the invitation and create a password to complete your enrollment.
  • Step 3: Complete all modules assigned (new assignments added annually) then return to this student portal to complete your orientation

If you are having issues with RISE modules, contact Academic Affiliations.

Other Helpful Information

Evaluation of online orientation

Completion of this online form will allow us to improve this site and/or validate its continued support. Specific comments are particularly helpful if you have suggestions for improvement. Every evaluation is read.

Other helpful information

  • Identification Badges: Swedish does not provide identification badges for students. You are to wear your school photo identification badge when in clinical. ID is to be worn and visible (not carried in a pocket) at all times while at a Swedish facility.
  • If the student needs a security badge for facility/department access during their rotation, the preceptor and student will need to complete the Photo ID Application Form. The preceptor will take the student to the security office with the completed form and their government issued ID. The preceptor is also responsible for ensuring that the badge is returned to the security office at the end of the rotation.
  • Maps and Parking