Thanks to a rise in routine screening mammograms, more and more breast cancers are being caught in the earliest, most treatable stages.
All our locations offer a comfortable environment, a caring and experienced staff, and a wide range of state-of-the-art screening and diagnostic capabilities. We also offer a mobile mammography program.
When should I start getting mammograms?
Studies show that the breast X-ray can detect a lump two years before it can be felt and can identify up to 90 percent of breast cancers. That’s why the American Cancer Society recommends that women have the exam done once a year starting at age 40. Women with a family history of breast cancer may be advised by their physician to start earlier than 40.
Learn more about screening guidelines
Scheduling your exam
When scheduling your mammogram, please let the scheduler know of the following:
- If you have had a prior mammogram, we will need to know when and where they are located.
- If you have special needs (wheelchair/ walker needs, interpreter services, etc). We want to ensure that we have the appropriate staff available to assist you.
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you have breast implants
- Any recent breast surgeries or biopsies
To reduce discomfort, schedule your mammogram within the first 10 days of your menstrual cycle.
Call 206-215-8100 to schedule at any location.
Use MyChart to schedule at First Hill.