Every care plan is developed collaboratively and centered on our patients’ needs and experiences. Available services can include:
- Access to culturally congruent childbirth education: The JUST Birth six-week childbirth education series
- Partnership with community organizations to provide access to appropriate resources
- Connection to a birth doula who will provide emotional, physical support and education during pregnancy and labor and delivery
- Dedicated postpartum doula support including physical and emotional care during transition and recovery, education and techniques to soothe and care for baby, guidance for breastfeeding and chest-feeding, advice for healthful meal preparation, navigating family time with a newborn, and much more
- Inpatient cultural navigators are available for patients and caregivers at First Hill L&D, Antepartum, Postpartum and NICU, bringing culturally relevant resources and education to the bedside, as well as advocating for patients
Birth doula services are available at our Seattle First Hill, Issaquah and Edmonds birth centers. Postpartum doulas and birth and family education services are available throughout the Puget Sound region. Cultural navigators support all Black, African American, Native birthing patients and families during their stay at Swedish First Hill.
To qualify for free doula services or classes, patients must have Medicaid. For all other patients, services may be paid for in full, by payment plan, FHA and/or HSA (when applicable).
How our services work
The JUST Birth Network acts as an access point to culturally-congruent care within Swedish Women’s Health. Please read below for more information on what to expect from each service we provide.
After filling out the contact form under “contact us,” someone from our team will be in touch to discuss your options for a birth and/or postpartum doula support. Doula services are based on each doula's availability. We try our best to introduce you to doulas who match your preferences. Examples include, background, continued education, race, ethnicity, language and gender identity. Please expect an email or phone call.
Childbirth and Family Education
Please follow the link under “contact us” to begin searching for our JUST Birth childbirth and family education classes. Classes offered include the JUST Birth six-week series, as well as one-day class options.
Accessible at First Hill in the L&D, Antepartum, Postpartum and NICU units. You can request a cultural navigator if you are interested in hearing about our culturally relevant resources or if you and your support system/care team need advocacy support.
Coming soon. The group of providers listed in our JUST Birth Care Team section have undergone a non-clinical birth equity competency training and are committed to the JUST Birth Network and the communities we serve. The providers listed are affirming of patient's identities, experiences and cultural backgrounds in the care they are trained to provide.