Patient Support and Resources

Contact us

Neuroscience Institute Epilepsy Center

See all

The following list of resources represents a small fraction of the organizations and online tools available. Please use independent judgment and request references when considering the use of services from any professional. We do not endorse any of these resources and request that you contact these agencies directly for their program criteria as well as feedback regarding errors on their website.

While the resources listed below may provide national information, most of them may be specific towards Washington State/Pacific Northwest area. 

Contact the National Information and Referral Services website: 211 for resources within your specific area.

Epilepsy and Seizure Specific Agencies

Preparing for your Hospital Stay or Outpatient Visit

American Disabilities Act - Special Accommodations for Education and Employment

Basic Needs, Crisis and Emergency Resources 

Please visit the following internet websites for further information:

Dental Medical and Mental Health

Domestic Violence

  • Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-562-6025 (voice/TTY)
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233 (voice) or 800-787-3224 (TTY)

End-of-Life, Support Group, Grief and Loss

Insurance, Financial and Prescription Assistance Programs

Legal Services, Guardianship, Long-Term Care Planning, Advanced Care Directives and Living Wills

Pediatrics and Parents

Reporting Americans with Disabilities Act Grievance

If you feel that the City of Seattle has not fulfilled ADA requirements, please report it to the City's Customer Service Bureau at 684-CITY (2489) or view their website. To read more about the Americans with Disabilities Act Information, you may visit the Washington State Legislature website.

Reporting Educational Concerns

The Office of the Education Ombudsman (OEO) resolves complaints, disputes, and problems between families and elementary and secondary public schools in all areas that affect student learning. If you have a concern and would like to receive assistance, you may contact Toll-free number: 1-866-297-2597 and a phone interpreter is also available. You may also visit their website for further information.

Reporting Mental Health Concerns

If you or a family member receive services for mental health services through a publicly funded mental health system and have complaints/grievances/concerns, you may contact the 24-Hour Confidential Message Service: 206-205-5329 or toll free: 1-800-790-8049.

Substance Abuse, Smoking Cessation and Gambling Addiction Programs 

Therapy Dogs


Transportation Resources