Swedish Edmonds Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Swedish Edmonds Partial Hospitalization Program
The Swedish Edmonds Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a short-term, intensive day-treatment program for individuals with acute psychiatric needs. PHP can be used as a step-down for patients who are discharging from inpatient care or as a preventative step to help stabilize patients in the community. It is covered by most commercial insurance plans.
Participants in the program meet Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Participants attend 20 hours of treatment per week and also have the opportunity for a family meeting during their enrollment. Medication consultation and management is provided by Psychiatrists and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNP) during the program. Participants attend 10 program days.
The focus of the PHP is short-term rapid stabilization. Since participants return to the community each evening, the focus of care is building effective coping skills to improve self-management in their home setting. Partial Hospitalization allows participants to continue to meet personal responsibilities and maintain independence while receiving intensive treatment. Treatment modalities are tailored to meet each participant’s needs and utilize Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) principles. The program embraces a trauma-informed environment of care.
Partial Hospitalization is appropriate for clients who are:
- Age 18 or older
- Experiencing acute psychiatric symptoms which are likely to require inpatient hospitalization without intensive treatment
- Continuing to have symptoms that require more support than is possible in a traditional outpatient setting
- Not an imminent danger to themselves or others
- Having significant difficulty maintaining their normal daily responsibilities (i.e., self-care, work/school, care for dependents)
- Willing and able to participate in intensive group-based psychotherapy
- Able to access support networks in the community to help them after program hours
- Participants must have stable housing and reliable transportation
The Swedish Edmonds Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) embraces a multidisciplinary approach to meeting each participant’s treatment goals. The treatment team consists of psychiatrists, advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNP), social workers, licensed mental health counselors, occupational therapists, and chaplains.
21601 76th Ave W
Edmonds, WA 98026