Swedish Sleep Medicine
Swedish Sleep Medicine
Every year, thousands of adults and pediatric patients turn to Swedish Sleep Medicine for help in managing sleep disorders. As the largest sleep medicine program in the Pacific Northwest, we employ a cutting edge, multidisciplinary approach in diagnosing and treating patients with sleep disorders.
Using the latest technology, we can diagnose and treat the full range of adult and child sleep disorders including:
- Sleep apnea
- Children's sleep disorders
- Circadian rhythm
- Daytime sleepiness
- Restless legs syndrome
- Shift-work/Jet lag
- Sleep Terrors
- Women and sleep
Swedish Sleep Medicine is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
The gold standard for the diagnosis of sleep disorders is an overnight sleep study or polysomnography, attended by a sleep tech, in a Sleep Center. Only such tests are validated for the diagnosis of mild obstructive sleep apnea and over one hundred other sleep disorders.
A home sleep test is a modified sleep study that is self-administered in your home. It is used to help detect obstructive sleep apnea in select adults and involves the use of a portable monitoring system equipped with a small recording device, sensors, belts and cables.
Home sleep tests are recommended for adults who have a high pretest probability of moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea, and who have no comorbid medical conditions. If you have concerns about your sleep, and you would like to know if you are eligible for a home sleep test, please contact us to schedule a complete sleep evaluation. Our providers will determine if a home sleep test is right for you.
If the home sleep test results are inconclusive, or some other disorder is suspected, an overnight sleep study in the sleep lab (polysomnography) may still be needed.
- Please call to schedule an appointment with one of our sleep specialists.
- When you call, we will ask for your email address so that we can link you to a secure online new patient questionnaire. Please complete this well before your visit - it might take you 40 minutes. You might need to ask a bed partner or witness about the answers to some questions.
- Your appointment will last for 40-60 minutes. We ask that you arrive10-20 minutes before your appointment, and 30+ minutes early if you have not completed the online questionnaire. Please also allow time for parking and getting to the Sleep Center.
- Be clear about your current medications, especially if they have changed recently
- Bring your insurance card and current ID
- We accept most regional insurance plans. If you have questions about your insurance coverage, including if you’ll need a doctor referral, contact your insurer directly.
If you do not see a form that you are looking for, please contact us at 206-386-4744.
- ApnealinkAir Patient Guide
- Apneatrak Patient Guide
- Ambulatory Study Questionnaire
- Home Sleep Test Set-Up Instructions
Referring physicians are an important part of our team. Call or complete a patient referral form for Swedish Sleep Medicine services.