Swedish Medical Imaging
Swedish Redmond Medical Imaging is staffed by physicians from Radia. Our team acts as an engaged, complementary partner to ensure patient-focused care comes first.
Additionally, all of our imaging departments are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in recognition of their demonstration of and commitment to quality diagnostic imaging. Each of the imaging modalities goes through a rigorous testing process every three years to validate this commitment and renew their accreditation. Along with that, we complete daily and monthly checks to ensure compliance with our quality standards. The ACR is the "Gold Standard" for quality in the imaging world.
While radiology services can accept orders only from a licensed provider, we would be glad to answer any questions you might have.
All Swedish imaging departments are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in recognition of their demonstration of and commitment to quality diagnostic imaging.
Computed Tomography CT
A CT scan uses x-rays and computer technology to take multiple views of the inside of the body. Compared to regular x-rays, a CT scan can take clearer images of organs, bone, soft tissue, blood vessels and other parts of the body.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
MRI uses radio frequency waves and a strong magnetic field rather than x-rays to provide remarkably clear and detailed pictures of internal organs and tissues. MRI is a valuable tool for the diagnosis of a broad range of conditions.
An ultrasound is a diagnostic imaging technique that uses inaudible high-frequency sound waves emitted through the body to create an image of your internal organs on screen.
Our breast imaging centers offer a comfortable environment, a caring and experienced staff, and a wide range of state-of-the-art screening and diagnostic capabilities. Schedule your mammogram today.
X-Ray & Fluoroscopy
X-rays are performed for various reasons such as, but not limited to, diagnosing bone injuries, tumors or chest infections.
- Follow your doctor's instructions regarding any changes to your medicines or diet before your exam.
- A receptionist will register you and ask you to sign a hospital consent form. Copies of your photo ID and insurance cards will be made. You may need to complete additional forms.
- A healthcare professional will explain the test and answer any questions you may have.
- Depending on the imaging procedure, you may need to remove your clothes and put on a gown or robe.
- You will remove all jewelry, hair clips, dentures and other objects that could make the images hard to read.
- If your imaging includes oral contrast, you will need to drink the contrast at this time. If your imaging requires intravenous contrast, you will have an IV placed. If you are over 60 years old and have not had a creatinine level drawn within 30 days, one will be performed via a small sample of blood taken while placing your IV line.
- The technologist will explain the scan to you including any breathing instructions if needed.
- The technologist will explain the scan to you including any breathing instructions.
- A board certified radiologist will interpret the images and create a report for your doctor. Please contact your doctor for results.
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Drop in available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
7:15 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- To send images to or request images from Swedish Medical Center, please complete the Swedish Image Transfer Form
- If you choose to send your images via CD, please print a copy of your confirmation (once the form is completed) and send it with your CD
- To view images from a facility we can exchange with, you must submit an Image Transfer Request Form or call the Swedish Imaging Records Center at 206-320-2201
- Diagnostic reports still need to be faxed to: 206-233-7380
- When using this web form you may inquire about the status of your request Mon- Fri: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m. or Sat: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Email a question.
- Send us an email if your facility would like to request a VPN connection.