The program includes medically supervised, on-site exercise sessions that are individualized and designed to gradually increase each participant’s strength, endurance and confidence. Most people participate in a program which consists of 24- 36 sessions. Cardiac rehabilitation also includes education classes that help participants understand more about their heart disease and the benefit of healthy lifestyle changes.
Learn more about cardiopulmonary rehab education with our resources guide.
- A one-on-one health evaluation
- A customized exercise plan
- Cardiac education classes
- Individual instruction about safe exercise practices
- Development of a home exercise program
- A baseline measurement of health at the start of the program with follow-up measurements at the end
- A multidisciplinary staff of experienced health-care professionals
Patients with known coronary artery disease and cardiovascular disease are eligible to participate in this program. Insurance coverage will vary. Physician referral is required