The Swedish Cerebrovascular Center is a leader in treating conditions that affect the blood vessels in the brain. The center is part of one of the largest neuroscience institutes in the country.
At our center, you have 24/7 access to:
- Fellowship-trained neurologists who specialize in vascular care
- Highly skilled neuroendovascular surgeons and neurosurgeons
- Rapid response to emergency situations
- The latest diagnostic imaging technology
- Advanced neurointerventional procedures such as thrombectomy
- Radiosurgical specialists who evaluate and treat complex conditions
We treat all conditions that affect the blood vessels in the brain, including:
- Arteriovenous malformation
- Brain aneurysm
- Carotid artery disease
- Hemifacial spasm
- Moyamoya disease
- Stroke TIA (transient ischemic attack)
- Trigeminal neuralgia
We use several tests to help diagnose brain blood vessel disorders, including:
- Cerebral angiogram
- Cerebrovascular ultrasound
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA)
- Lumbar puncture
We offer the most advanced treatments for cerebrovascular conditions, including:
- Aneurysm clipping
- Carotid angioplasty and stenting
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Endovascular coiling
- Flow diversion stents
- TNK and tPA clot-busting medicines
The care team at the Swedish Cerebrovascular Center has established a support group for patients who have been diagnosed and treated for a brain aneurysm, stroke or arteriovenous malformation. The group is open to patients, families and caregivers.
The goal of the meetings is to help ease fears and concerns while providing support. We hope you will join us to find the support you need.
Your patient may be at higher risk for a cerebral aneurysm if they have two first degree relatives (sibling, parent, grandparent) with a history of cerebral aneurysm.
If your patient is at higher risk, please order an MR Angiogram (MRA) or CT Angiogram (CTA) to screen the patient for an aneurysm and then refer them to the Cerebrovascular Center, if necessary.