Center for Healthy Aging
Center for Healthy Aging
The Center for Healthy Aging provides high-quality, comprehensive, compassionate care to patients and our care-partners, to optimize health, wellbeing and quality of life at all stages of disease and to better plan for the future. Our intra-professional team works collaboratively to develop holistic, evidence based care incorporating programs and services to support brain health as you age.
- In-person and virtual neurological evaluations and cognitive testing
- Neuropsychological evaluations with cognitive rehabilitation
- Advanced neuroimaging and diagnostics
- Pharmacological treatments
- Lifestyle and culinary medicine
- Social work
- Behavioral health support
Our team of specialty-trained providers is committed to building healthier communities through outreach, education, and engagement.
At the Center for Healthy Aging, our providers offer services and resources related to:
- Prescription therapies and deprescribing
- Evidence-based lifestyle medicine
- A medical approach that uses behavioral health interventions to combat chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Lifestyle medicine incorporates six levels or “pillars” to help you and your loved ones achieve better health and well-being:
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Restorative sleep
- Building and maintaining social connections
- Stress reduction
- Avoiding harmful or risky substances such as tobacco products and alcohol
- For more information, please visit the American College of Lifestyle Medicine. Additional hard copy resources are available in our office and will be given to you by the end of your visit.
- Neuropsychological evaluations and cognitive remediation
- Culinary medicine
- Culinary Medicine is the evidence-based practice of combining the art of cooking delicious, nourishing meals with the science of medicine. The goal of culinary medicine is to use high-quality, whole, plant-based foods to help restore wellness in the body and the mind.
- Health coaching:
- Using a patient-centered approach, we will work together to help you achieve health-related goals by gaining the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to manage your overall health wherever you are.
- Mind Body Interventions
- Comprehensive evaluation and care
Our providers at the Center for Healthy Aging treat patients for the following conditions:
- Dementia, including:
- Multi-infarct dementia
- Vascular dementia
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Lewy body dementia
- Alzheimer’s Disease or family history of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Brain fog
- Mild cognitive impairment (MCI)
- Cognitive impairment associated with Parkinson’s syndromes, including:
- Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
- Progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP)
- Corticobasal syndrome (CBS)
If you would like to make an appointment, please ask your primary care provider or one of your current specialists to send a referral, including any relevant medical records (recent imaging, lab results, and appointment notes), to our office.
Providers may fax referrals to 206-397-1096 or they may send them electronically via Epic.
If you have any questions, call 206-320-2700.
You are not alone, and help is available at no cost to you or your loved ones.
Our Center for Healthy Aging Team connects patients and their caregivers with one or more of the following organizations:
- Alzheimer’s Association – Washington State Chapter
- Aging and Long-term Support Administration (ALTSA)
- Dementia Action Collaborative (DAC)
- Dementia Care Coordinator
- Social Worker