Nursing and Allied Health Job Shadows
Welcome to Swedish Health Services
We look forward to having you as a student or guest in our facility. Learn more about Swedish.
For further assistance, contact us.
For information regarding requests to shadow a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant, please email Graduate Medical Education (GME).
All requests for job shadow experiences must be made in writing to Swedish Academic Affiliations. Submitting a request does not guarantee placement.
This portal is designed to introduce you to Swedish Health Services. All onboarding and orientation items must be completed prior to your job shadow/observations experience.
For additional information, please review the Swedish Job Shadow Policy (coming soon).
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Shadows are limited to a maximum of 8 hours per academic year, per student
- Pass a Washington State Patrol (WSP) background check (we will run this); if you are an out of state resident, you will be required to provide a national background check in addition to the WSP check
- Provide proof of immunization status including COVID-19 immunizations (view immunization requirements)
- Submit completed orientation packet through the Swedish Job Shadow Application
Before you get started
Please allow yourself sufficient time to complete the requirements listed below as some items may take several weeks.
We recommend that you download the forms and open in Adobe Acrobat Reader to take advantage of the e-signature features.
- Job Shadow Application
- Birth Certificate, ID, or Driver's License
- Copy of your personal health insurance card
- Copy of your immunizations records
- Orientation completion record (complete and sign): This form provides a record of each topic completed during orientation as well as procedures, protocols and policies you have read.
Submit completed job shadow packet to Swedish Academic Services. You will be notified by email when your application and orientation packet have been processed and you are cleared to schedule your job shadow.