Virtual CME Information
Thank you for your interest in attending a live, virtual CME conference with Swedish CME. Below is some information that may be helpful to improve your attendee experience with an upcoming broadcast event on Microsoft Teams Live.
If you have any questions, please contact the Swedish CME office
. We are new to the virtual event space and appreciate your patience as we navigate any issues that may arise during the live broadcast.
Before the Conference:
Joining the Conference Day-of:
During the Conference:
- Registrants will be emailed a link to join the event a few days before the program
- All virtual CME's will take place in Pacific Standard Time
- Audience Participation - All attendees will be automatically muted upon joining the meeting. To participate, please use the Q&A area to ask questions or make important comments.
- Q&A Window– To view or hide the Q&A window, click the chat bubble icon in the upper right corner of your Teams screen. For more information see the "Q&A Tips" tab below.
- Recording - By default, MS Teams Live video streams are recorded along with the published questions tab. After the conclusion of the symposium, you can automatically access the recorded video by going to the same link you used to access the meeting. This video is available for approximately 180 days after the symposium date.
- Technical Difficulties - If you experience technical difficulties during the meeting, please use the Q&A box for assistance or email the Swedish CME office. Technical questions asked in the Q&A box will not be set live for the audience and will be answered privately through the “My questions” tab. More tips for troubleshooting can be found in the "Common Problems" tab below.
After the Conference:
- After attending a Swedish CME conference, you will receive an email with instructions on how to claim credit for this course and complete the course evaluation. This process must be completed in one sitting so please wait until the conference is over to complete this process.
- We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience!
Please consider these items when submitting questions via the Q&A chat box:
- Tips For Participating in the Q&A in Microsoft Teams Live.
- Within the Q&A box you can view all questions and responses in the “Featured” tab. In the “My Questions” tab you can submit questions and view your own questions with moderator answers.
- Questions are monitored by the CME Team and not automatically set live. Questions will be set live in the “Featured” tab after review by the CME Team. If you ask a technical question we will not set it live and can answer your privately. Please do NOT submit the same question twice, even if you do not see it in the “Featured” question tab, we will answer your question as soon as possible and not all questions will be set live for the entire audience to see.
- When submitting a question it is most helpful if you note which speaker the question is for (except for general questions) - Example: “For Dr. XXX, ask question”
- The Q&A featured question lists is recorded with the conference presentations and can be accessed after the event while viewing the recorded session.
Below are a few quick troubleshooting tips if you experience issues with the presentation. You can also email the Swedish CME office or submit a question via the Q&A chat during the conference.
- Video Stream freezes - Is the video paused? This is very easily done by accidentally clicking on the screen. In the lower left hand corner you should see a pause button icon NOT the play (triangle) icon.
- Audio Problems – Click the audio speaker icon in the lower left hand corner of the Teams Broadcast to make sure your audio volume is up and not muted. Also double check your computer speaker volume.
- Tips to Joining a Teams Live Event