Samuel J. Youssef, MD
Seattle, WA 98122
Are you covered?
Check to see if your insurance is covered by this provider.
About Samuel J. Youssef
Dr. Youssef is a perennial award winner of the Seattle Met Top Doctor Award. His philosophy of care is to listen to patients and their hearts, empower them in understanding their conditions, and carry them through operations in the most skilled, scientific, and compassionate manner possible.
Cambridge Overseas Medical Training Program
Swedish Medical Center
Onze Lieve Vrouwziekenhuis Hospital, Aalst, Belgium
Minimally Invasive, Endoscopic and Robotic Cardiac Surgery
Heart Transplantation and LVAD Therapy
Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American Association of Thoracic Surgeons, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic Surgery Resident's Association, American College of Surgeons, SAGES.
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery
- Resident Perception of Technical Skills Education and Preparation for Independent Practic
- Resident Perceptions of 2-Year Versus 3-Year Cardiothoracic Training Programs.
- Safety and utility of mediastinoscopy in non-small cell lung cancer in a complex mediastinum
- Novel valved graft modification of Cabrol fistula for bleeding after aortic root surgery.
- Comparison of open and minimally invasive thymectomies at a single institution.
- The role of computed tomography angiography in patients undergoing evaluation for minimally invasive cardiac surgery: an early program experience.
- The "free" right internal thoracic artery: a versatile and durable conduit.
- Pseudoprolapse of the anterior leaflet in chronic ischemic mitral regurgitation: identification and repair.
- Effects of red-cell storage duration on patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
- Occipital condyle to cervical spine screw and rod fixation.
- [A review of prognostic factors in thymic malignancies].
- A review of prognostic factors in thymic malignancies.
- Sclerostin expression and functions beyond the osteocyte.
- Adult progenitor cell transplantation influences contractile performance and calcium handling of recipient cardiomyocytes.
Outside of work, Dr. Youssef enjoys time with his family, cooking, painting, swimming, coaching basketball and international travel.
At Swedish, we're dedicated to providing you quality, personalized health care. We are constantly striving to optimize your experience.
As part of ensuring you have a positive experience with Swedish, our online provider directory includes ratings and patient comments for select providers. More about our survey.
Beginning with his team members, they are well verse in what they are doing, they are one of the best, very accommodating, respectful and keep us feel at home - thank you very much. Then, we met Dr. Youssef, this I must say that he is one of the best doctor that SMC has. He listen to all my concerns regarding my illness and explained it in detail and throughly. Thank you Dr. Youssef.
Dr Youssef seems to be very personable, professional, attentive, caring and overall a great person.
I feel at ease with this Provider.Fantastic.
I felt much more comfortable with my upcoming surgery after talking with Dr. Youssef and the rest of the team. Thank you!
Helped me understand a variety of things associated with my condition and upcoming surgery
The provider was very understanding and caring. He provided information needed and gave us the opportunity to ask questions and discuss the health care concern.
Doctor Youssef saved my life with his skills and experience even thought he thought I was probably in too critical condition to do this! Could not have better!!
I am elated Dr Youssef is my surgeon!
Dr yussef put me at ease right awayvwith his explanations & demeanor
I had a condition that needed quick attention and everyone involved went above and beyond scheduling all aspects of treatment so far
I appreciate Dr. Youseff's explanation of my options and his respectful manner when listening to our concerns. I also like the fact that he understands my passion to continue my college athletic career.
Amazing care, made a really tough time in my life a lot better
My Dr., explained the CT scans and the situation at hand, very well.
All extremely good!
Easy to understand, explained procedure in a easy to understand form. Friendly, helpful and easy to understand.
Dr. Youssef and team have done a great job communicating with me and take the time to personalize each and every interaction. I highly recommend this team for anyone going through an AAA. Thank you so much!
The doctor was kind, caring, knowledgeable, and compassionate!
Dr. Youssef spent an extraordinary amount of time with me thoroughly explaining my condition, drawing pictures to illustrate the condition and the method to correct it, and showing me the results of my CT scan and explaining it to me. He answered all of my questions and demonstrated real concern about me. I was extremely impressed by his knowledge and ability to interact with patients.I was also impressed with the friendly, courteous, and professional service I received from two nurses as well as the clerks at the front desk.
Excellent communications. Listened to concerns, explained answers. Never felt rushed.
Overall I had a great experience. Those at the front desk were pleasant and efficient. My time with the doctor was informative, helpful and I got my questions answered and addressed.
He was wonderful we both felt comfortable with the scary upcoming surgery and felt like we were in good hands
We love Dr. Youssef. He is always so kind and compassionate. Frankly It's unbelievable in this day and age to have such a kind and caring provider. We appreciate him more than we can express.
The Doctor explained everything very well.
I was very impressed on the compassion Dr. Yousoff showed, I felt very comfortable talking with him.
Dr. Samuel Joseph has very good bedside manner very patient and explains everything in detail where I understand the very, very exceptional physician
All good, not enough experience with this provider to rate A10
The best and very very good. Thank very much
Lots of great communication on phone and Mychart.
- Aortic Arch Aneurysm
- Aortic Arch Graft
- Aortic Root Replacement
- Aortic Sclerosis
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Bicuspid Valve Repair
- Cardiac Tumor
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass Surgery
- Circulatory Assist Devices
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Coronary Vein Graft
- Epicardial Lead Placement
- Extracorporeal Circulation
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- Familial Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Familial Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Loeys Dietz Syndrome
- Marfan Syndrome
- Maternal Valvular Disease
- Maze Procedure
- Median Sternotomy
- Minimally Invasive Aortic Valve Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Repair
- Mitral Regurgitation
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Paravalvular Leak Repair
- Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Pulmonary Artery Thrombectomy
- Repair Cardiac Wound
- Repair Dissecting Thoracic Aorta
- Replacement Cardiac Valve
- Rheumatic Mitral Stenosis
- Rupture Of Papillary Muscle
- Thoracic Aneurysm Repair
- Thoracoabdominal Aneurysm
- Tricuspid Valve Repair
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Virtual Care