On April 9, 2019, Swedish Medical Center and Swedish Edmonds began negotiating contracts with SEIU 1199NW covering many of our nurses, technical and service caregivers, and Edmonds professional caregivers. Swedish is committed to working with the union to develop contracts that accomplish our shared goals of providing competitive wages and benefits for our caregivers, while ensuring we are also positioned to continue providing affordable, high-quality care for our patients.
Please check here for regular updates on bargaining and feel free to email email@example.com with your questions and comments. If you are with the media, you may contact the media team at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our 24x7 media pager at 206-998-5028.
Labor Negotiation News
- Issue 1 - April 10, 2019 – Contract Negotiations Began This Week
- Issue 2 - April 26, 2019 – Teams Agree on Bargaining Approach
- Issue 3 - May 8, 2019 – Teams Exchange Proposals, Update Schedule
- Issue 4 - May 22, 2019 – Focus Turns to Change Teams, Diversity
- Issue 5 - June 5, 2019 – Swedish Offers One-Month Contract Extension
- Issue 6 - June 26, 2019 – Swedish Presents Strong Benefits Package
- Issue 7 - June 28, 2019 – Contracts Extended to July 31, 2019
- Issue 8 - July 11, 2019 – Teams Exchange Additional Proposals
Myth vs. Fact
Swedish Proposals At-a-Glance