Call your primary or specialty health care provider to schedule a telehealth visit.
Once a date and time is confirmed, you’ll receive a message in MyChart with the appointment specifics and a link to the Zoom telehealth visit, which you will click on the day of your appointment.
Looking for a physician?
Find a doctor
What you’ll need before your telehealth visit:
- A stable internet connection.
- Your mobile device camera and microphone/speakers. (The camera is built-in. You can either use the built-in microphone and speakers, or plug in your earbuds or headphones.)
- If you use a desktop computer or laptop (Windows or Mac), you’ll need a built-in camera and microphone/speakers. You can also use an external camera plugin, and headphones. You do not need to download any apps if using your desktop computer or laptop.
- If using mobile, you WILL need to download the free Zoom app onto your smartphone or tablet.
Pro tip: We suggest you test the technology the day before your visit.
- Open your Zoom app to make sure your microphone and video options are on and working.
- Open your MyChart account and verify you can open it without difficulty.
Zoom Cloud Meeting via tablet or phone:
You’ll need to download the free Zoom app onto your smartphone or tablet.
Zoom app support:
Log into your MyChart account from your mobile device app, or on your computer by going to Mychart.com
- Tap "Messages" if you’re on a mobile device, or "Messaging" from your computer.
- In your "Inbox" you’ll see a message from your provider for a "telehealth visit." Click the message to open a link to your telehealth visit.
- Three to five minutes before your scheduled appointment time, click on the Zoom link and the meeting will open and you’ll be taken to a "virtual waiting room."
- You’re there! Now all you need to do is relax and wait for your provider to join you. (In Zoom they're referred to as the "host.")
When your provider joins you in your telehealth visit, you'll be "admitted" to the visit, and prompted to join by computer audio. You may also be prompted to allow access to your microphone and camera.
Note: If you don’t allow the video component, you can still join your provider by clicking "Join Audio" in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
Zoom app support