People from around the world come to Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington, for some of the most sophisticated specialty procedures.
We’ve created a streamlined surgery plan for our international patients. Before your arrival, we work directly with you and your referring medical team. We identify the appropriate surgery option and develop an individualized care plan based on your specific needs, health and lifestyle.
You can have your surgery as soon as six to eight weeks from the time of your initial visit, depending on your medical conditions and pre-surgery clearance requirements. The appointment takes approximately four hours and includes:
- All vitals, weigh-in, body composition, BMI, EKG and first photo
- Psychological evaluation
- Diet and nutrition group education and evaluation
- Meeting with a medical provider to review patient history and information
- Meeting with a surgeon to discuss surgical options
- Meeting with an assigned nurse care coordinator to review pre-surgery clearance testing requirements
- Meeting with clinic administrator to discuss costs
You must attend a surgical weight loss seminar before your initial visit.
We offer competitive bundled prices, which includes a preliminary review of your records, all pre- and post-surgery diet and nutrition education, pre- and post-surgery evaluation, initial visits, psychological evaluation, surgery, anesthesia, professional and facility fees, and one year of follow-up care. Fees are based on the complexity of your surgery and duration of your hospital stay.
All fees must be paid in full two weeks prior to surgery. Swedish accepts cash, money order and credit card (American Express, MasterCard or Visa). We’ll also manage payment to all parties with a single payment from you.
Please note that travel, food, lodging and incidental expenses are your responsibility.