Why Consider Surgery
Surgery is a last resort for weight loss – you should consider it only if traditional methods haven’t been effective. Though weight loss surgery is incredibly safe, even the most minor surgery comes with risk.
There’s a misconception that surgery is the easy way out when it comes to weight loss, but nothing could be further from the truth. Surgery is successful in the long run only if you work hard and commit to specific lifestyle changes.
Obesity is a disease that can negatively impact the entire body unlike no other. Surgery can improve your quality of life in countless ways. Obesity-related conditions typically improve or disappear after surgery. Examples of chronic issues may include:
- Severe arthritis or joint pain
- High cholesterol and triglycerides
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- High blood pressure
- Acid reflux
In addition to relieving chronic conditions, surgery can help:
- Boost self-confidence
- Alleviate depression or anxiety
- Improve your appearance
- You enjoy everyday activities, such as playing with your grandchildren or walking without pain
- Liberate you from the bias obese people commonly face, which can unfortunately complicate your willingness or ability to get care
If you’re obese or have obesity-related medical conditions, take the first step and register for a weight loss seminar. Please note that attending the surgical seminar is a prerequisite for having surgery.