Spine, Sports, and Musculoskeletal Medicine
At Swedish, you are cared for by board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians whose specialties are physical medicine, rehabilitation and sports medicine.
We specialize in nonsurgical treatment of the musculoskeletal system.
- Comprehensive management of spine and peripheral joint pain
- Diagnostic and therapeutic injections
- Diagnostic ultrasound and ultrasound guided injections
- Electro-diagnostic studies (EMG/NCV) and neuromuscular medicine
- Osteopathic manual manipulation
- Sports medicine
- Sports concussion management, including baseline and post-concussion testing
Each patient’s concern requires a personalized approach. Here’s what you can expect.
- We will perform a thorough history and physical exam
- When indicated, we will order appropriate tests to diagnose your problem, including x-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), bone scans, musculoskeletal ultrasound, and specialized nerve and muscle testing called electromyography and nerve conduction velocity testing (EMG/NCV).
- Electromyography and nerve conduction velocity testing (EMG/NCV) aid in the diagnosis of unexplained weakness and/or numbness, nerve and muscle injury, and neuromuscular and spinal disorders. We coordinate treatment with your primary care doctor as well as physical and occupational therapists, chiropractors, surgeons and other providers to restore optimal body function and prevent future recurrences.
We specialize in nonsurgical treatment of the musculoskeletal system. After a thorough evaluation and diagnostic testing, your personal treatment plan is developed using a holistic approach. Our team uses a combination of treatments, such as:
- Physical training with therapeutic exercise (gym, Pilates, yoga)
- Movement, activity modifications
- Cross training
- Physical modalities (heat & ice)
- Therapeutic and diagnostic injections (peripheral joint injections and epidural spine injections), including ultrasound guidance
Providers Specializing in Spine, Sports, and Musculoskeletal Medicine
At Swedish, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.