Talk to Someone or Make an Appointment
Narcolepsy is a rare condition in which people fall asleep anytime or anywhere without control, regardless of the amount of sleep that they had.
What are the symptoms?
- Sleep attacks that occur without warning
- Cataplexy, a sudden loss of muscle control, often triggered by stress or emotions such as laughter, fear or anger
- Excessive daytime sleepiness, when you want to sleep all day long
- Sleep paralysis, a feeling of not being able to talk or move for a short time.
- Hypnogogic (sleep inducing) hallucinations
- Other symptoms, such as insomnia, fatigue, poor memory or depression.