If your child has breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs, the pediatric pulmonology team at Swedish has the experience and qualifications to treat your child. We diagnose, treat, and manage children from birth to 18 years old with breathing and lung diseases.
The best way to control your child’s breathing problem isn’t to limit activities, but to use proper medications. Our pediatric pulmonologists can diagnose and help manage your child’s condition.
- Most children with asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old. They include being short of breath, wheezing and coughing, especially at night.
- Allergies can trigger the difficult breathing of asthma. Other symptoms include rashes, itchy eyes and a runny nose.
- Chronic coughing
- Difficulty breathing
- Recurring or persistent pneumonias
- Noisy breathing
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)
- Congenital lung abnormalities
- Neuromuscular respiratory diseases
- Chronic respiratory failure/insufficiency
- Sleep-related breathing disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnea
Providers Specializing in Pediatric Pulmonology
At Swedish, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.