Pediatric nephrologists at Swedish are experienced with care and management of patients with hypertension and provide accurate diagnosis and treatment for pediatric patients with high blood pressure.
Early intervention is vital to reduce the negative impact and prevent advanced disease. Although it may take years to see the results, advanced hypertension can negatively impact an individual’s kidneys, cardiovascular health, brain, and eyes. The Swedish team has the expertise to identify, diagnose, and treat pediatric patients with hypertension and related conditions. This improves patient well-being and reduces the long-term disease impact.
If your child is referred to Swedish for hypertension, we can help you and your pediatrician by doing a full assessment and provide specific recommendations for treatment and lifestyle changes.
- Primary and secondary hypertension
- Elevated blood pressure (without the diagnosis of hypertension)
- Kidney disease
- Collaboration with specialists:
- Sleep medicine
- Pediatric Resilience clinic (patients with metabolic syndrome)
- Adolescent care pathway which could include a primary care provider or adult nephrologist
- Thorough diagnostic history and physical exam
- 24- hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Laboratory tests and imaging studies when indicated
- Care plan including nutrition and exercise
- Medication management
- Close follow-up with hypertension care team
Providers Specializing in Pediatric Hypertension
At Swedish, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.