For Referring Physicians
Swedish Pain Services - First Hill
Swedish Pain Services - Edmonds Specialty Clinic
Swedish Pain Services - Issaquah
Click here for the referral form.
The medical professionals at Swedish Pain Services are dedicated to offering the latest state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional pain-management therapies, medication and other non-drug therapies for:
- Acute pain (after surgery or injury)
- Chronic pain (back pain, arthritis-related pain, diabetic neuropathy, neuropathic pain, complex regional pain syndromes)
- Cancer pain
- Other disease-related pain
The following services are provided:
- Evaluation of the patient's pain and potential therapy options
- Development of a long-term treatment plan for ongoing pain management
- Follow-up consultation if the patient's pain syndrome changes and/or the treatment plan is no longer effective
- Diagnostic and therapeutic injections with or without fluoroscopic guidance
- Therapeutic procedures, such as radiofrequency neurotomy, cryo-ablation, IntraDiscal ElectroThermal TherapyTM (IDET) and nucleo-plasty, and implantable technologies, such as spinal-cord stimulators
Referring physicians and/or designated primary-care physicians should be comfortable prescribing opioids if the Swedish physician recommends their use in an ongoing pain-management plan. Due to the volume of referrals and the chronic nature of many of the pain syndromes, we no longer follow patients on a regular basis for an extended period of time, except when we have placed an implantable pain device, such as an intrathecal pump or spinal-cord stimulator.
Please note: We do not offer detoxification of patients on opioids or treat patients with substance-abuse problems unless they are concurrently in an addiction-treatment program.