Medical Weight Management Program
Our medical weight management team provides individualized care to improve quality of life and reduce chronic disease risk for our patients through a healthful lifestyle and weight loss. We recognize that excess weight and obesity are complex health concerns that are driven by diverse factors. Therefore, we aim to be comprehensive in our care and we take an evidence-based approach to treating excess weight and obesity.
This approach is comprised of four Pillars:
- Physical Activity
- Behavior Modification
Learn more about the program from Dr. Enrica Basilico, the director of medical weight loss for Swedish Health Services.
What to expect
The duration of the program varies from person to person, and we do not offer a one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, we customize a plan that fits your goals and lifestyle.
Your work with our medical team will begin with a visit with one of our medical providers (a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant). The goal of this initial visit is to understand your history and current lifestyle and to begin to build an individualized plan for weight management that supports your health goals and is sustainable. You will continue to meet regularly with your medical provider, and you can schedule visits with our dietitians or psychologist for additional support.
You will also have access to other opportunities for support and learning, including:
- Healthy Foundations Group classes - a rotating series of virtual classes. Topics include:
- Macronutrients: protein, carbohydrates and fat
- Physical activity and fluids
- Food and activity tracking - how to, barriers and purpose
- Eating on a budget and meal planning
- Sleep and stress management
- Nutrition approaches to managing hunger and satiation
- Weight maintenance
- Insomnia treatment classes
- Monthly support groups on varied topics
If you would like to schedule a visit, please call 206-215-2090. We look forward to working with you!
FAQs about Medical Weight Management