Our neurosurgeons are renowned, with outcomes that are among the top in the nation. They perform hundreds of surgeries annually – more than any other program in Seattle and the Northwest. From aneurysm and brain-tumor surgeries to complex spine and epilepsy procedures, their expertise attracts patients from all over the country.
Every person who is cared for at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute is respected as an individual with a unique set of circumstances.
Our neurosurgeons are highly skilled, and we have the very latest diagnostic and surgical equipment. But we also rely on an old-fashioned approach to patient care: We listen to you.
Our patients are cared for in neuro-ICUs and patient-care units by a specially trained staffed. Social work, counseling and other supportive services are all available under the umbrella of a program devoted exclusively to neurosciences. Swedish Neuroscience Institute patients also have access to related services including a pain clinic, cancer care, rehabilitation and the many other resources at Swedish.
Our dedicated neurosurgical operating rooms (ORs) and endovascular suites feature the most advanced minimally invasive and computer-assisted neurosurgical and brain-imaging technology. Many of these technologies are not available anywhere else in the Northwest. Diagnostic and surgical capabilities include:
- Integrated, GPS-like guidance systems built into every OR to help surgeons navigate in critical areas of the brain
- Intra-operative MRI and CT scanners, and 3-D angiography to provide vital images during surgery
- Brain-mapping capabilities to identify areas of critical brain function through microelectrode recordings
- Interventional neuroradiology techniques to block blood flow to tumors or blood-vessel malformations, and to place stents and repair cerebral aneurysms
An individualized treatment plan is developed specifically for each of our patients. And our physicians work with a multidisciplinary team of experts toward the best possible outcome. Together they can choose the best options for you from the wide range of innovative treatments available at the Swedish Neuroscience Institute.
- Interventional neuroradiology
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS)
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Microsurgery Skull-base neuro-otology
- Stereotactic radiosurgery, including both CyberKnife® and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery systems
Providers Specializing in Neurosurgery
At Swedish, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.