Our specialists include the nation’s top experts in minimally invasive heart-valve repair and replacement, and Swedish hospitals serve as a training centers for leading-edge interventional cardiology techniques.
Minimally Invasive Cardiac Treatment
Many conditions that formerly required open-heart surgery can now be treated with nonsurgical interventional procedures which use techniques and technologies that typically minimize pain, risk and recovery time.
Interventional cardiology procedures are catheter-based to minimize pain and promote a quick recovery for many conditions. Common procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Balloon angioplasty
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Coronary stent deployment
- Endomyocardial biopsy
- Endovascular treatment of carotid and peripheral arterial occlusive disease
- Intravascular imaging (ultrasound and optical coherence tomography)
- Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) and Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) closures
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure
- Percutaneous treatment of acute pulmonary embolism
- Percutaneous implementation of mechanical circulatory support
- Septal ablation for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Valve repair and replacement
Providers Specializing in Interventional Cardiology
At Swedish, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.