Inflammatory Bowel Disease
At Swedish, care for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is coordinated by a multidisciplinary team which includes top IBD gastroenterologists and colorectal surgeons, experienced dietitians, nurses and clinical researchers. As part of holistic gastroenterology care, we also provide naturopathy and psychology services.
Inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, are lifelong conditions with a broad range of symptoms. With a team of highly trained experts, Swedish has comprehensive IBD centers to diagnose and treat all IBD conditions.
- Crohn’s disease causes swelling and sores in the digestive tract, making it harder for the body to get nutrients from food.
- Ulcerative colitis causes swelling, bleeding, and sometimes sores in the large intestine (colon) and rectum (where stool is stored before leaving the body).
Whether newly diagnosed, or seeking care for an existing chronic condition, patients are an active participant with their care team in the development of their treatment plan. Swedish’s approach to managing and treating IBD is holistic and highly customized to each patient’s needs.
The Swedish IBD Center routinely diagnoses, treats and cares for patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Additionally, Swedish physicians are actively researching IBD and new therapies with a variety of clinical trials. When it's a fit for a patient, you may have the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial.
- Thorough evaluation, diagnosis and treatment by IBD experts
- Nutrition management
- Complementary and alternative medications (naturopathic care)
- Endoscopy and endoscopic therapy
- Gastrointestinal imaging (CT, MRE, ultrasound)
- Specialty pharmacy
- Lifestyle counseling
- Full spectrum of care from pediatrics through adulthood
Providers Specializing in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
At Swedish, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.