Computed Tomography CT
Swedish offers the fastest CT imaging scanners available to provide enhanced diagnostic imaging and decrease the chance that sedation will be required for children and agitated adults. This technology allows us to obtain 3-D and other views without additional imaging.
What to Expect
A CT scan uses x-rays and computer technology to take multiple views of the inside of the body. Compared to regular x-rays, a CT scan can take clearer images of organs, bone, soft tissue, blood vessels and other parts of the body. A board-certified radiologist will interpret your images and create a report for your doctor.
Swedish offers the following CT exams:
- CT of the head or neck
- CT of the chest, abdomen and pelvis (including liver, pancreas, adrenals and CT IVP's)
- CT enterography
- CT of the extremities (includes hip through toes, shoulder through fingers)
- CT of the spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral joints, sacrum and coccyx)
- CT angiogram of the head, neck, chest, abdomen and pelvis
- CT for special procedures
- Coronary CT and calcium scoring