Swedish Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
The Swedish Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery team performs the most surgeries for gynecologic conditions in the Northwest. Our patients choose Swedish because we have state-of-the-art technology, first-class facilities and an experienced care team that is focused on providing the best surgical outcomes to improve the quality of life for all patients we serve.
We offer care to support whatever stage of life you are in, including fertility-sparing surgery such as removal of fibroids or endometriosis without a hysterectomy.
You can be referred by a primary care physician, OB/GYN, or fertility doctor, or you can self-refer to the clinic.
Many conditions can be treated with minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. The conditions we treat include:
- Adenomyosis – a condition when tissue like that in the lining of the uterus is embedded in the wall of the uterus
- Endometrioma – an ovarian cyst filled with endometriosis
- Endometriosis – a condition in which tissue like that in the lining of the uterus is growing outside the uterus
- Heavy or irregular menstrual bleeding
- Ovarian cysts
- Hydrosalpinx – a condition in which the end of a fallopian tube becomes damaged and fluid-filled
- Uterine fibroids – non-cancerous growths in the wall of the uterus
Swedish has the minimally invasive surgical expertise to perform complex procedures with small incisions, helping patients reduce pain, heal more quickly and experience less scarring.
- Laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomy, including gender-affirming – removal of the uterus and usually the cervix
- Laparoscopic, robotic and hysteroscopic myomectomy – removal of uterine fibroids, leaving the uterus in place
- Laparoscopic and robotic ovarian cystectomy – removal of ovarian cysts
- Laparoscopic and robotic excision of endometriosis – removal of endometriosis
- Laparoscopic salpingectomy – removal of the fallopian tube(s)
Minimally invasive surgery has many benefits, including:
- Smaller incision
- Reduced risk of complications
- Faster recovery time
- Less blood loss
- Minimal scarring
- Reduced postsurgical discomfort