Swedish Lab Patient Services Center at 76 Commons
At Swedish, our laboratories provide superior customer service focused on meeting the needs of our clients.
Our team is committed to providing prompt, personalized service for physicians and their patients. When issues arise, client services investigates and strives for timely solutions with the best patient care in mind.
- Status of test results
- Procedures for adding tests to specimens previously received
- Specimen and special handling requirements
- Patient laboratory reports
- STAT services
- Requests for supplies and courier pick-ups
Please call if you any questions or require assistance.
Medicare, CLIA and Washington State require written orders for all laboratory testing.
- Generic Requisition
A request form should accompany each specimen or patient to the laboratory. Designate the test requested clearly by marking it with an “X.” For procedures not listed on the requisition, write orders clearly in the vacant space. It is important to check specimen requirements in the test directory to be assured that the patient is properly prepared (fasting, etc.) and that the appropriate specimen is collected. Complete and concise information will avoid delays and ensure expected turn-around-time of the patient’s results. Please include appropriate ICD-10 codes for each test.
- Add-On Test Request
Additional orders for a previously collected specimen may be requested based on the stability requirements. (Refer to the test directory.) We require written orders for all add on testing. Orders must be faxed to the laboratory with the appropriate ICD-10 code for the test.
- Standing Order Request
Swedish Laboratory Services will keep a standing order on file for patients requiring frequent testing. These will be verified yearly, requiring a physician or ordering professional's signature. The order must include an appropriate ICD-10 code, frequency and expiration date.
- Written Verification By Fax For Verbal Orders
This laboratory will accept a verbal order from a physician or ordering professional, however written documentation, including ICD-10 coding must follow.
When visiting a Swedish Laboratory Services patient service center, patients should bring the following information with them:
- A laboratory test request form from a physician requesting the laboratory tests
- A current insurance identification card (Medicare, private insurance or HMO/PPO)
- A photo ID for urine drug screenings or blood alcohol tests (for example, a driver's license or an employee identification badge)
- Swedish Ballard (Labcorp Facility): 206-781-6360
- Swedish Cherry Hill (Labcorp Facility):
- Swedish Edmonds Swedish Laboratory Services: 425-640-4179
- Swedish First Hill (Labcorp Facility) 206-386-2672
- Swedish First Hill - Center for Comprehensive Care Laboratory: 206-386-9513
- Swedish Issaquah (Labcorp Facility): 425-313-7719
- Swedish Mill Creek Swedish Laboratory Services: 425-357-3900
- Swedish Redmond (Labcorp Facility): 425-498-2122