Veteran’s Affairs (VA)

We know finding a doctor that’s right for you isn’t always easy. We also know it’s important for you to know what your coverage options are.

To have the US Department of Veterans Affairs pay for services, Veterans’ benefit recipients are required to receive care at a VA facility or have the VA authorize services at a non-VA facility. Swedish is a non-VA facility, thus requires authorization from VA.

The VA will also pay in the case of an emergency.

To learn more about obtaining authorization, we recommend you visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs.

You should confirm with your insurance provider that the doctor you select participates with your insurance plan.

Based on popular searches, we’ve curated the following lists of specialty care doctors accepting United Healthcare.

If you don’t see a specialty relevant to you, you can search our directory:

Find a Doctor