Jens Chapman, MD
Seattle, WA 98122
Are you covered?
Check to see if your insurance is covered by this provider.
About Jens Chapman
Dr. Chapman is keen on understanding the underlying pathology as clearly as possible and finding the best possible non-operative or surgical options for patients to be able to achieve a lasting, improved quality of life.
Technische Universitaet Muenchen, GermanyResidency
University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, TX
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Global Spine Journal Vol 7, Issue 7, pp. 709 - 709
- Evidence-Based Medicine, Media, and Manipulation
- Does treadmill training with Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL) impact the quality of life? A first case series in the United States
- Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion Complicated by Fungal Osteomyelitis: Case Report and Quick Review of the Literature
- Recognizing Our Experts: Global Spine Journal Partners with Publons to Establish Reviewers’ Platform
- Neurovascular Relationships of the S2AI Screw Placement: An Anatomical Study
- Editorial Perspective
- S2AI screw insertion: technical note with pictorial guide
- Functional Neurorehabilitation using the Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL): A First Experience in the United States
- Editorial Perspective
- Cervico-thoracic Interspinous Bursitis Associated with Bilateral Upper-extremity Numbness: A Case Report
- The Ongoing Quest for the Holy Bone Graft Grail: Scientific Progress, Economic Bonanza, or Quixotic Quagmire?
- Do We Really Understand Spine Treatments and Science Around the World?
- “How to Write a Scientific Paper”: Tips and Highlights from the Global Spine Congress Members-Only Session
- Feasibility and Data Quality of the National Spinal Cord Injury Registry of Iran (NSCIR-IR): A Pilot Study
- A Previously Unreported Variant of a Thoracic Vertebra
- Evolving the Metrics of Success in Spine Care: Focus on Opioids
- What Surgical Treatment Is Best for Isthmic Spondylolisthesis?: Commentary on an article by Peter Endler, MD, et al.
- Medical Journals and Social Media: More Alike Than Wanted?
- Posterior arch C-1 screw technique: A cadaveric comparison study
- A Previously Unreported Arterial Variant of the Suboccipital Region Based on Cadaveric Dissection
- The Dens: A Review of Its Diverse Nomenclature and a Recommended Simplified Terminology
- Moving Forward into the Future
- Advancement of Surgical Visualization Methods: Comparison Study Between Traditional Microscopic Surgery and a Novel Robotic Optoelectronic Visualization Tool for Spinal Surgery
- Updates from AOSpine
- Vertebral Osteomyelitis Due to Granulicatella Adiacens, a Nutritionally Variant Streptococci
- The Epidural Ligaments (of Hofmann): A Comprehensive Review of the Literature
- Enhancing Clinical Study Retention Rates to Avoid Follow-up Bias: How Do We Keep Our Study Participants from “The Land of the Lost”?
- C2 Pedicle Screw Placement: A Novel Teaching Aid
- Changes for the Future
- Success in Spine Care: The Proof is in the Measurements, Part III
- Scientific Pride or Prejudice
- Lumbar ribs: a comprehensive review
- Comprehensive anatomical and immunohistochemical review of the innervation of the human spine and joints with application to an improved understanding of back pain
- The odontoid process: a comprehensive review of its anatomy, embryology, and variations
- Complications of transoral and transnasal odontoidectomy: a comprehensive review
- Fundamentals of Clinical Outcomes Assessment for Spinal Disorders: Clinical Outcome Instruments and Applications
- Nothing Hurts Follow-Up like Follow-Up?
- Spine Care and the CERTAIN Learning Healthcare System: The Spine Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program
- Fundamentals of Clinical Outcomes Assessment for Spinal Disorders: Study Designs, Methodologies, and Analyses
- Nonoperative care or noncare for thoracolumbar spine fractures? Questioning the unthinkable
- The Spine Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program (Spine SCOAP): A Surgeon-Led Approach to Quality and Safety
- Upper cervical spine trauma
- BMP Debate: evidence in the name of science?
- A review of chymopapain for chemonucleolysis of lumbar disc herniation
- Avarice, evidence, and the media
- Surgical Stabilization Options for Fractures and Fracture-Dislocations at the Lumbosacral Junction and for Posterior Pelvic Ring Reconstruction
- Twenty-four Month Results from the Prospective, Randomized Multicenter IDE Trial of ProDisc-C versus ACDF
- Cervical spine injuries in pediatric patients - Editorial comment
- Surgical Techniques for the Spine
- Knee Dislocations: Where Are the Lesions?
- Spinopelvic Fixation Techniques
- Closed Interlocking Nailing of Femoral Shaft Fractures
At Swedish, we're dedicated to providing you quality, personalized health care. We are constantly striving to optimize your experience.
As part of ensuring you have a positive experience with Swedish, our online provider directory includes ratings and patient comments for select providers. More about our survey.
A real professional medical team. Very pleased with advice
I have recommended and referred acquaintances to SNI several times. Dr. Chapman's team and peers are exceptionally good people, and I can't think of anyplace I would recommend more highly. To-date, they have provided care to my father (before me), my wife (because of the experience with my father), me, and my mother. My own primary care provider referred his son to SNI. I have spoken highly of the entire team at Swedish to several other people I felt would benefit from their care!
I get the utmost respect, attention and care from each of the providers.
I could not be happier. However the wait is always to long.
Dr was an hour late for last appt. He apologized many times which was appreciated. I did not feel rushed with my time with Dr. He Is very helpful as a total resource for other Issues not directly with his specialty. That was very welcoming and appreciated.
Dr. Chapman was probably the most thorough and experienced medical professional I've ever met!
Dr Chapman highly knowledgeable, caring, ethical and efficient. We are fortunate to have him as our specialist for issues related to our spines.
Dr. Chapman and staff were caring, kind, and listened to all of my concerns. I am so grateful for the expert care I received.
Provider not only had my past records, but provided detail on then I hadn't heard before. Provider also saw something on my recent mri that my physiatrist hadn't seen. I was very impressed
Doctor is definitely the rare combination of brilliant and personable.
Dr Chapman is very good, Scheduling for tests because I live 2 hrs. Away Was more difficult !
Dr. Chapman is without question one of the best providers that I have ever visited. He is very knowledgeable on the subject, can relate difficult information in an easy to understand manner, and is very good at supporting his patients. Dr. Chapman is awesome.
The team was very professional.
I feel great now since I have my shirt..
I have received excellent care from Swedish in the past. That continues to be the case. Thank you.
Dr Jens Chapman is the best! He always explains things clearly, answers questions clearly and on top of all that he is the greatest back surgeon! I have nothing but praise for Dr Chapman and his entire team.
It was definitely a good experience all around.
Dr Chapman and the Fellow were both genuine in the manner in which they spoke to me. They were both knowledgeable and gave some different outlook for me to consider. I did not feel rushed which was important to me as it was necessary to make a trip to Seattle and get lodging in order to have the appointment.
Great surgeon. Brilliant. Also personally like him. He is charismatic. Don't feel like I am listened to. Listening is not placating with words and waiting to speak I articulated concerns about delays and permanent nerve injury risk caused by delay that I don't feel were adequately addressed
I am a physician assistant and have referred my patient to this practice because of quality of care I receive.
Dr. Chapman has given me back my mobility. Providence is very fortunate to have him on staff, and I consider myself beyond fortunate to have him overseeing my care.
After the CMA completed my vitals and check in, I waited almost a full hour for my provider in the room. He did apologize but I felt that was an excessively long wait. He was very thorough and I did not feel rushed. If he sees every patient that way, I can see that is a reason he was so behind. The provider had "a good bedside manner", he was personable and friendly, which is appreciated.
Dr. Chapmans and his team are the best.
From the moment I entered the hospital to the moment I left I was treated very, very well. Dr Chapman and his team define the terms knowledgeable and professional seasoned with outstanding beside manners.
After meeting with Dr. Chapman, I have the utmost confidence that he will take the best care of me during my upcoming surgery. It is my hope and prayer that Dr. Chapman will restore me to a fully functioning physical condition so I can get my life back on track!
Great visjt, I left filling accured of next steps fir my treatment
It was good care
Dr. Chapman has always given me the best possible care as a doctor and surgeon. I was very lucky to get Dr. Chapin as my spinal surgeon and continue to receive excellent care throughout checkups. This all makes me feel very well cared for.
I appreciated the time and patience Dr. Chapman provided for me and the sincere answers he gave. It has been a long, difficult post op year.
Provided great information about future problems I may have and ways to deal with it.
Dr. Chapman is the best! Both my husband and I have spine issues and Dr. Chapman has met our needs in a complete and compassionate way.
Friendly compassionate professions, all of them. So glad I came to Swedish from idaho
Dr. Jens Chapman is an excellent doctor who always is fully present during the visit, listens carefully to any questions I may have, fully and clearly explains his answers to my questions and makes clear, concise and effective recommendations to facilitate my optimal response to his care.
Very professional, extremely competent and knowledgeable.
Highly qualified and diligent surgeon. Very thorough in diagnosing the nature of my spine issues and providing the best solution.
Impressed with the thoroughness of my appointment. Learned a great deal about my condition and options for treatment.
The whole Swedish medical team is the best I have ever incountered, I have never been treted better by any other medical facility from check in to every other departments.
Dr Chapman was very thorough with his explanations of the problem and procedure for surgery. I felt very comfortable with his professional manner and no nonsense approach.
Dr Chapman is meticulous in his work and listens and communicates well
I really like Dr. Chapman. Did not care for his scheduler
I would say my experiences were good to great BEFORE my surgery. AFTER my surgery my experiences were poor to bad.
A good experience aside from having to wait a bit long to see the very busy doctor.
Felt comfortable with doctor answer all questions, waited 2 hours in exam room before I saw Dr Chapman
Jens Chapman and his Team and office staff were very Professional and I feel that my upcoming surgery will be the Best Possible outcome
Excellent, caring visit from the PA to Fellowship Dr., who explained my situation and possible courses of action, clearly and with caring to Dr. Chapman and his Fellowship Dr, who are very caring, patient focused and wants to best for their patients! I couldn't ask for more from my Drs!
Dr. Chapman and his team are the best of the best.
I trust Dr Chapman
Dr. Chapman was very thorough, and compassionate. His explanations were very precise. Since this was my first visit, I left the facility knowing what was needed to be done . Everyone was very nice .
Dr. Chapman is always kind, encouraging, and thorough with explaining his plan for me. He shows great respect for me and my condition. Our visits do seem a bit rushed and I can't quite get all my comments and questions out. I'm just a slow thinker and at responding to his remarks and questions. I'm very grateful to have such a good doctor on my case!
This visit was good. Wait time between PA's time and Dr.'s time was 35 minutes. Otherwise, excellent.
Jens Chapman is the finest surgeon I could have had and for that I am very grateful. He is an excellent man.
Very pleased with care and treatment
Everything was above and beyond service.
Between traffic and getting lost, I was an hour late but they managed to squeeze me in. I didn't feel rushed. Nice visit with doctor
Dr.Chapman and his team were wonderful! We couldn't have asked for a greater appointment. We came inwith many questions and an unknown medical diagnosis. We left there feeling like every question was answered and a diagnosis was given. We appreciate the time spent with Dr. Chapman.
Dr Chapman has done 2 previous surgeries on me. I waited 30 years to see him again, until my condition worsened, causing me to struggle. It was very good to see him again. He has always treated me with Professionalism, kindness, but most important, honesty. He isn't a believer of stuffing medicine down my throat, thankfully, instead, "Mental Health" to help stay positive and on the right track. He acknowledges all aspects of Patients Concerns and questions respectfully, without condensation. Although it's hard to hear nothing can be done at this time to relieve pain, he provided an extremely detailed Plan of care, which I greatly appreciate. He provided a Mental Reset, which was needed. I've always followed his instructions, and he's given me a new path. The creams he recommended provide some relieve, and I'm following his orders..... All of them! He's exceptionally thorough and detailed. He provides a great sense of stability. I left his office knowing I received the best of care. If an opportunity ever presented itself to be included in any studies the Spine Clinic is doing, I'd definitely be open for more information. I'm not sure if Swedish has anything like that. A special Thank you again to Dr Chapman and his Care Team!
He listens. He checks my current status. He offers suggestions in how to improve. I would not trust my care to anyone else.
My only bad was the forgot I was in waiting room. When I noticed a man whom said his appointment was 30 minutes after mine got called back for same doctor I asked receptionist and she apologized six ways to Sunday and resent that I was waiting. But other than that your people are incredibly fantastic. Thank you for your help
Dr. Chapman is an excellent surgeon and I have been extremely happy having him on surgical team
Dr. Chapman is a phenomenal provider with exceptional knowledge and expertise as well as a kind and caring approach with the ability to help you navigate complex health issues.
Excellent. Very confident of being in great hands!
Dr Jens was great. But I didn't really like my experience with his assistant. I think it was the nurse practitioner. The nurse I saw just before Jens saw me. Thanks.
I scheduled multiple doctor appointments for myself and mother in-law. Everything went smoothly and was able to take care of all our needs.
Very good treatment, expertise and timeliness. From check in to the Dr appointment.
I did have a very long wait, was taken in late for my appt, and x-rays that could have been done/scheduled ahead were not. The doctor was great.
Very good service, good information,
I thought Dr Chapman explained in detail what I needed to do for surgery preparation. He was very straight forward & I appreciated that.
Very fast at setting up follow with other doctors.
My care provider is honest and straight forward with me and caring, but I never quite feel like I have enough time to ask him all the questions I have prepared for him
I truly can't describe in words what an amazing team Dr. Chapman has. The medical care they provided for me went above and beyond my expectations.
I was very impressed with Doctor Chapman and felt he really cared and wanted to do his best to help me.
Am so thankful I am receiving care from Dr Jens Chapman and his staff!
Life changing surgery that is still functioning wonderfully. So thankful 19 years later!
Everyone was extremely nice and helpful.
Dr. Chapman and his staff provide exceptional diagnostic skills. He was able to diagnose why and where my back pain likely originates. Great patient communication skills too.
I am so grateful for Dr Chapman. He has given me a new lease on like. His team are pleasant and listened to me and allayed any concerns. They are the best.
I feel Dr actively listened & clarified our conversation
I was very impressed by how smoothly everything went for this appointment! I didn't have to wait long for any part of my exam. Dr Chapman was so helpful in answering my questions and explaining things, as well! It was a great experience all the way through!
I am very grateful for the excellent care provided through the neuroscience group at Cherry Hill. I am grateful for the excellence and knowledge of the providers I work with!
Always a pleasure to see Dr Chapman and he is always a great help.
A good experience
Health care and responses via My Chart have been excellent. Wish I lived closer!
Dr Jen Chapman Truly listens, I love that he as someone else in the background taking notes so that he is face-to-face with me and listening and telling me everything I need to hear without having to take notes it's just one on one talking and that's rare these days I truly appreciate him and value and know the gratitude and blessings God gave me to have him as my surgeon
Impressed with overall efficiency of care provider team!
Dr Chapman & his team are the best healthcare providers ever! Their team is efficient, professional & caring. I am extremely grateful to all of them.
They did an excellent job, they recommended PT before jumping right into surgery. The condition got better, but eventually worsened, leaving us with no choice but surgery. But at least we tried a more cost affective approach.
Dr. Chapman is the best!
I really thought her and all his staff did a great job with my visit
DR. Chapman and staff are doing a great service with care and knowledge.
Before I could schedule an appointment with Dr. Chapman, I needed a referral from my prior surgeon. Once Dr. Chapman's office received the referral, his staff promptly contacted me and sought medical records and imaging from several health care institutions. I especially appreciated how the Swedish staff undertook this chore for me. As soon as Swedish received the records and Imaging, staff contacted me promptly to set up an appointment. I was very grateful for the clear pre-appointment Instructions, as well as for the extremely efficient processing at the clinic, where I underwent an x-ray prior to my appointment. I did not have to wait at any point during my visit. During my on-time appointment with Dr. Chapman, I Instantly knew that he had thoroughly examined my chart and Imaging. He conducted a thorough exam, methodically reviewed my health status, and helpfully recommended steps for ongoing care. I have nothing but the highest praise for him and his staff.
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. My expectations were high and everyone in the office met those expectations!
Very helpful and caring. Good experience
I liked Dr Chapman's approach to my issues. He was very straight forward, kind and courteous.
Dr Chapman and his staff are easy to reach and they go out of the way to ensure your questions are answered. Dr Chapman is very honest but compassionate. He has a unique ability to talk about a devastating prognosis in a kind, understanding way. He is a gem.
Experience was good. Answered and discussed problem and future treatment options.
Dr chapman saved my life when I met him in 2018 and I am grateful for him ever single day since. He is extremely skilled and looks at the big picture. Beyond bring an amazing surgeon he has empathy and a genuine interest in quality of life. I am so grateful for him and his entire team.
Dr. Chapman is excellent
Dr. Chapman including his team were so very helpful so understanding they showed empathy to my concerns and my questions and the pain I was in everyone is very courteous and I was treated with the most respect. Kudos to Dr. Chapman and his honesty kudos to his team they were so wonderful!!
I have really appreciated the professionalism and care that I have received through this entire period.
Dr Chapman is the best Physician I have ever seen.
- Abnormal Vertebrae
- Abnormalities Of The Arms
- Abnormalities Of The Hips
- Abnormalities Of The Legs
- Achilles Tendon Tear
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Acute Back Pain
- Adhesive Capsulitis Of The Shoulder
- Amputation Of The Toe Surgery
- Ankle Arthritis
- Ankle Dislocation
- Ankle Fracture
- Ankle Impingement
- Ankle Injury
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (Acl) Injury
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Repair Revision
- Anterior Tibialis Tendon Tear
- Arm Arthritis
- Arm Fracture
- Arm Injury
- Arm Mass
- Arm Pain
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Back Injury
- Back Muscle Injury
- Back Muscle Pain
- Back Pain
- Back Surgery
- Bicep Injury
- Bicep Tear
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Bone Densitometry
- Bone Disorders
- Bone Growth Stimulator
- Bone Mass
- Buckle Fracture
- Bulging Disc
- Calf Muscle Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (Cts)
- Cartilage Injury
- Cervical Disc Disease
- Cervical Herniated Disc
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Cervical Spine Fracture
- Cervical Spine Fusion
- Cervical Spine Injury
- Clavicle Fracture
- Clicking Elbow
- Clicking Shoulder
- Coccyx Fracture
- Coccyx Injury
- Compartment Syndrome
- Complex Spine Deformities
- Compound Fracture
- Compression Fracture
- Cortisone Injection
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Decompression Laminectomy
- Degenerative Spine Conditions
- Delayed Union
- Disc Arthroplasty
- Disc Replacement
- Disc Surgery
- Discoid Meniscus
- Distal Radial Fracture
- Elbow Dislocation
- Elbow Fracture
- Elbow Injection
- Elbow Injury
- Elbow Pain
- Elbow Sprain
- Facet Injection
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Femur Fracture
- Fibula Fracture
- Finger Dislocation
- Finger Fracture
- Foot Pain
- Forearm Fracture
- Frozen Joint
- Fusion Of Joint
- Galeazzi Fracture
- Gastrocnemius Injury
- Gluteal Injury
- Growth Plate Fracture
- Growth Plate Injury
- Hallux Varus
- Hamstring Injury
- Hand Injury
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Dislocation
- Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Fracture
- Hip Injury
- Hip Labral Tear
- Hip Pain
- Hip Pain Under Age 60
- Hip Rotator Cuff Repair
- Hip Rotator Cuff Tear
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
- Infectious Arthritis
- Insufficiency Fracture
- Intraspinal Abscess
- Joint Disorder
- Joint Effusion
- Joint Injection
- Joint Sprain
- Joint Swelling
- Joint Warmth
- Jumper's Knee
- Knee Dislocation
- Knee Injury
- Knee Pain
- Knee Pain Under Age 60
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Tendon Repair
- Knock Knee Deformity
- Late Effect Of Spinal Cord Injury
- Lateral Collateral Ligament Tear
- Leg Fracture
- Leg Injury
- Leg Mass
- Leg Pain
- Ligament Injury
- Ligament Tear
- Limb Length Difference
- Low Back Surgery
- Lower Back Injury
- Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar Spine Fusion
- Lumbosacral Plexus Lesions
- Lumbosacral Radiculopathy
- Malunion Fracture
- Medial Collateral Ligament Injury Of The Knee
- Median Nerve Entrapment At Elbow
- Meniscus Injury
- Meniscus Tear
- Meniscus Tear Repair
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Monteggia Fracture
- Muscle Injury
- Muscle Spasticity
- Muscle Strain
- Muscle Tears
- Myelopathy Surgery
- Neck Arthritis
- Neck Pain
- Neurogenic Claudication
- Non Displaced Fracture
- Non Surgical Fracture Care
- Non-Displaced Fracture Of Radius
- Nonunion Fracture
- Olecranon Bursitis
- Osteochondral Allograft
- Osteochondral Autograft
- Osteochondral Defect
- Partial Hip Replacement
- Pathological Fracture
- Pelvis Injury
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Periprosthetic Femur Fracture
- Periprosthetic Humerus Fracture
- Peroneal Tendon Surgery
- Peroneal Tendon Tear
- Popliteal Cyst
- Post Laminectomy Kyphosis
- Post Laminectomy Syndrome
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (Pcl) Repair
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (Pcl) Tear
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Tear
- Proximal Ulnar Fracture
- Quadriceps Injury
- Radial Fracture
- Radial Head Fracture
- Radial Head Subluxation
- Rami Fracture
- Rib Fracture
- Rotator Cuff Impingement
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Ruptured Intervertebral Disc
- Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
- Sacroiliac Steroid Injection
- Scheuermann's Disease
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Separated Shoulder
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Injury
- Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Strain
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Abscess
- Spinal Cord Compression
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Schwannoma
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Deformity
- Spine Deformity Correction Surgery
- Spine Fracture
- Spine Fusion
- Spine Instrumentation
- Spine Stapling
- Sternal Clavicular Joint Dislocation
- Stress Fracture Of The Radius
- Stress Fractures
- Tarlov Cyst
- Tendon Injury
- Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome
- Thoracic Herniated Disc
- Thumb Dislocation
- Thumb Fracture
- Tibia Fracture
- Tibial Torsion
- Toe Bone Spur
- Toe Fracture
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament Repair
- Ulnar Fracture
- Ulnar Nerve Compression
- Ulnar Nerve Decompression
- Ultrasound Guided Steroid Injection Of The Spine
- Vascular Malformations Of The Spine
- Vertebral Epiphysitis
- Vertebral Fracture
- Virtual Care
- Wrist Arthritis
- Wrist Fracture
- Wrist Pain
- Wrist Sprain