Amir L. Bastawrous, MD, MBA
Issaquah, WA 98029
Are you covered?
Check to see if your insurance is covered by this provider.
About Amir L. Bastawrous
Dr. Bastawrous (He/Him/His) most recently won the 2023 Seattle Met and Seattle Magazine Top Doctor Award and has won for multiple years. Dr. Bastawrous believes in a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care in which the patient, health care professionals and support personnel work together for the efficient and optimal care of the patient. In this way each member maximizes their skills. In the end, the patient is better off.
Colon and Rectal Surgery The Cook County Hospital/Univeristy of Illinois at ChicagoResidency
General Surgery The University of Chicago HospitalsMedical School
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of MedicineTraining
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery
- Click here for a full list of Dr. Bastawrous’ publications. A subset of his recent citations are summarized below.
- Minimally invasive sigmoidectomy for diverticular disease decreases inpatient opioid use: Results of a propensity score-matched study
- Incidence, associated risk factors, and impact of conversion to laparotomy in elective minimally invasive sigmoidectomy for diverticular disease
- Incorporating a Detailed Case Log System to Standardize Robotic Colon and Rectal Surgery Resident Training and Performance Evaluation
- Intracorporeal versus extracorporeal anastomosis for minimally invasive right colectomy: A multi-center propensity score-matched comparison of outcomes
- Alvimopan Use, Outcomes, and Costs: A Report from the Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program Comparative Effectiveness Research Translation Network Collaborative
- Number of Diverticulitis Episodes Before Resection and Factors Associated With Earlier Interventions
- Thromboembolic Complications and Prophylaxis Patterns in Colorectal Surgery
- The impact of delaying elective resection of diverticulitis on laparoscopic conversion rate
- Addressing the appropriateness of elective colon resection for diverticulitis: a report from the SCOAP CERTAIN collaborative
751 Northeast Blakely Drive, Suite 4535
Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison Street, Floor 5
Seattle, WA 98104
Swedish Cherry Hill
Swedish First Hill
Colon, Rectal and Anal Cancer Surgery, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Surgery, Benign anorectal diseases, Colonoscopy. In my free time, I enjoy bicycling and photography.
At Swedish, we're dedicated to providing you quality, personalized health care. We are constantly striving to optimize your experience.
As part of ensuring you have a positive experience with Swedish, our online provider directory includes ratings and patient comments for select providers. More about our survey.
Dr. Bastawrous and his team did an incredible job on my surgery. This survey was for the follow-up appointment which went well. He addressed all of my concerns and continued questions, and we discussed outlook. Best surgeon I've ever worked with, at the time in my life I needed it the most.
The provider was very helpful
My doctor was kind, efficient, and was not rushed as we talked about my condition. He thoroughly explained things and showed me images to help me understand.
I felt that the dr really cared about my situation
Dr B and his team have provided excellent, timely, and compassionate care for me during a period of serious medical crises. I feel very fortunate to be in their care.
Loved my experience there
Professional, kind and caring.
The provider was great, but I have difficulty accessing to mychart app and called the support team many times. No answer yet! So, I can not send messages to my provider regarding a medical question after my procedure.
Dr. Bastawrous is extremely knowledgeable and competent in his specialty. He was able to diagnose my problem quickly and suggest an approach to dealing with it. He even went the extra mile to personally contact another doctor who would be Involved In my care. I feel very fortunate to have access to his care.
Dr B, is an amazing Dr. He has done three surgeries on me. I hope it will be the last. I highly recommend him.
Very helpful and knowledgeable. Staff and doctor were very caring and helpful. Love them so so much. Appreciate everyone. God Bless
Excellent experience with this provider. Would recommend highly.
Efficient, courteous, rapid treatment, clear explanation and post-instructions.
Very condescending provider, did not take time to listen. Did not have medical history prepared or available to review (or just chose not to). Disconnect between what the provider tells you and advises and what the staff tells you.
Very professional and caring. Concerned about my health. Completely put me at ease..thank you very much
I was a self referral and anxious about my conditioning. Both and the NP dealt with my anxiety and created a plan.
The doctor was kind, informative, helpful and caring. So thankful we found him.
He is awesome
The provider I saw, was very thorough. He took his time and answered every one of my questions. He was very professional, and very easy to talk to as he really listened to me. I would definitely see him again.
Great visit, Doctor spent time answering my questions and provided a lot of information on my condition which was very helpful.
Dr. Bastawrous was very skilled in doing my colonoscopy, which was risky because of my age, 86. Iam very appreciative of his excellent care.
I had a good experience from start to finish. My doctor went above and beyond and his care team really helped me out.
I always appreciate the care I have received from Dr. B
Dr Amir was amazing. Office staff was also extremely helpful.
Dr Bastaurous is top notch!
Dr B is my favorite Dr. The care he gives me is incredible. I can talk to him about any medical I am going through. He is always very kind and considerate. He is an amazing Dr. I am glad he is my Dr. I always feel safe and secure. He will be doing his 3rd surgery on me in May. I am more than blessed to have him as my Dr. He is the best Dr. I have. I will be his patient, forever. I highly recommend him.
Nothing to add except that this provider always sends me away feeling better than I came in and with a hopeful outlook !
Explained the procedure as it was being done is also very personable.
This was my first visit and all members of the staff were knowledgeable, efficient, courteous , and helpful
One of the best doctors I've had. Very caring and attentively listens.
The MD was perfect. I was unable to schedule the follow up that was recommended. I contacted the doctors office twice and both times I was told they would call me back. They have not.
Dr. Bastawrous is an excellent care provider, very thorough in his explanations and examinations. He is the only specialist I would consider for his area of expertise.
Dr Bastawrous is one of the best drs I have ever seen. He listens and chooses the method that will fix my problem thus avoiding more severe options. I trust him explicitly.
Caring and easy going doctor
I have a lot of confidence in my doctor based on his reputation with his peers and the manner in which he Works during my office visits.
Great office staff, excellent doctor, very satisfied with care I received
All the staff and Dr are caring and professional
Dr Bastawrous is the best!
He did an excellent job and was very thorough!
Took more than 2 months to get appointment scheduled, but doctor was fantastic-courteous, knowledgeable.
This is the place where I've always got the best care, the most respect and immediate attention than any other place I have been to you for my medical needs. Dr. Bastawrous is one of a kind, As well as every member of his staff
He was my cancer surgeon.. He is highly competent and very helpful. I trust him and his advice totally.
Most people I see in the Swedish system are great. This is one of the few who has lectured me for my habits and seems to want personal praise for his care. Not a warm personality.
Dr. Bastawrous is extremely professional, knowledgeable, respectful, compassionate, and communicative. Additionally he is an exceptionally skilled surgeon. In my opinion he is one of the finest doctors I have ever known.
Dr. Bastawrus is very good about discussing issues that can be somewhat embarrassing to the patient. He is matter-of-fact and thorough. I appreciate the excellent care from him and his staff.
- Abdominal Surgery
- Abdominoperineal Resection
- Altemeier Procedure
- Anal Abscess
- Anal Cancer
- Anal Cerclage
- Anal Dilation
- Anal Dysplasia
- Anal Fissure
- Anal Fistula
- Anal Fistula Repair
- Anal Incontinence Surgery
- Anal Pain
- Anal Pap Smear
- Anal Polyp
- Anal Spasm
- Anal Sphincterotomy
- Anal Stenosis
- Anal Ulcer
- Anal Warts
- Anorectal Abnormalities
- Anorectal Cancer
- Anorectal Disease
- Anorectal Myectomy
- Appendiceal Cancer
- Appendiceal Carcinoid
- Benign Carcinoid Of Colon
- Benign Carcinoid Tumor Of Rectum
- Benign Carcinoid Tumor Of Small Bowel
- Benign Neoplasm Of Colon
- Bladder Uterine Fistula
- Bleeding Hemorrhoids
- Blood In Stool
- Bowel Resection
- Cancer Screening
- Cancer Surgery
- Carcinoid Of Stomach
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Stenting
- Colonic Polyps
- Colonic Volvulus
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Screening
- Colostomy Revision
- Colovaginal Fistula
- Condylomata Acuminata
- Cystadenoma Of Pancreas
- Cytoreduction Surgery
- Delorme Procedure
- Diverticular Disease
- Ear Melanoma
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Enterovesical Fistula
- Excision Of External Hemorrhoidal Tags And Papillae
- Familial Polyposis
- Fecal Incontinence
- Foreign Body (Anus-Rectum)
- Foreign Body (Colon-Intestine)
- Gastrin Secreting Tumor Of Pancreas
- Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer
- Gastrointestinal (Gi) Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (Gist)
- Genital Warts
- Hemorrhoid Surgery
- Hemorrhoidopexy Stapling
- Hemorrhoids With Complications
- Idiopathic Megacolon
- Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis Surgery
- Ileo Colonic Fistula
- Incision And Drainage Of Deep Pelvirectal Abscess
- Incision And Drainage Of Perianal Abscess
- Incision Of Anal Septum
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection Of The Rectum
- Laparoscopic Anterior Resection
- Laparoscopic Cecectomy
- Laparoscopic Colectomy
- Laparoscopic Rectal Prolapse Repair
- Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy
- Low Anterior Resection
- Lynch Syndrome
- Malignant Carcinoid Tumor Of Colon
- Malignant Carcinoid Tumor Of Rectum
- Malignant Rectal Neoplasm
- Melanoma On Face
- Metastatic Colon Cancer
- Motility Disorders
- Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Ogilvie Syndrome
- Paracolostomy Hernia
- Parasitic Diseases
- Parastomal Hernia
- Partial Colectomy
- Pelvic Abscess
- Pelvic Mass
- Perianal Haematoma
- Peridiverticular Abscess
- Personal History Of Colonic Polyps
- Pilonidal Disease
- Proctoplasty For Stenosis
- Prolapse Colostomy
- Pseudopolyposis Of Colon
- Radiation Proctitis
- Rectal Abscess
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Fistula
- Rectal Hemorrhage
- Rectal Pain
- Rectal Polyp
- Rectal Prolapse
- Rectourethral Fistula
- Rectovaginal Fistula
- Recurrent Colorectal Cancer
- Refashioning Of Colostomy
- Removal Anal Seton Marker
- Repair Of Anal Fistula With Fibrin Glue
- Repair Of Paracolostomy Hernia
- Repair Of Rectal Prolapse
- Repair Of Rectocele
- Repair Of Rectourethral Fistula
- Repair Of Rectovaginal Fistula
- Seton Placement
- Severe Dysplasia Of Rectum
- Sigmoid Volvulus
- Staging Laparotomy
- Stromal Tumor Of Intestine
- Subtotal Colectomy
- Surgical Staging
- Surgical Treatment Of Ulcerative Colitis
- Transrectal Drainage Of Pelvic Abscess
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Urinary Incontinence
- Virtual Care