Insurance Plans Accepted by Swedish
Here you’ll find all the insurance providers and the types of plans accepted by Swedish. The insurance plans listed below apply to all Swedish campuses, Swedish Medical Group clinics and PET/CT imaging, unless otherwise specified.
- Since plan coverage changes from time to time, you should always verify that your plan covers the care you need at Swedish before making an appointment
- We are a diverse group of medical professionals, and not all medical providers are contracted with the same insurance plans as the hospital or clinics
Find your insurance carrier and plan below, or search our provider directory to find a doctor who participates with your insurance plan.
Swedish is in-network with the following Aetna insurance plans:
- Aetna Whole Health
- Aetna Standard Plans
- Aetna Open Access Plans
- Aetna HealthFund Plans
- Aetna Based Plans
- Aetna Premier Care Network Plus
- Aetna Premier Care Network - Utilizes Aexcel Program
- Aetna Aexcel (Swedish Medical Group is designated for Obstetrics & Gynecology, Urology and Vascular Surgery only)
- Aetna Medicare
Swedish is in-network with the following Amerigroup insurance plans
- Medicaid - Healthy Options/Washington Apple Health (patients assigned to an Independent Practice Association (IPA) may require a special authorization from the IPA before seeing a Swedish provider)
- Medicare Advantage – Amerivantage
For more information, review the Amerigroup Washington Member Handbook.
- Swedish is in-network with the Asuris Preferred Network
- Swedish is out-of-network with the Asuris Individual and Family Network (RealValue)
Some plans use other companies for Mental Health and Chemical Dependency claims. Swedish is in-network with:
- Aetna Health Management
- Beacon Health
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Cenpatico (Coordinated Care)
- Humana (LifeSynch)
- Optum Heath Behavioral Solutions
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- Swedish is in-network with most Blue Cross Blue Shield out-of-state insurance plans
- Boeing BCBS - Swedish is in-network with all Boeing BCBS plans, with the exception of plans using the UW Accountable Care Network
- Swedish is in-network with the Cigna PPO network (including Great West Health)
- Swedish is not in network with Cigna Local Plus plans
Swedish is in-network with these Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) plans:
- Cascade Select (specialty care only, including OBGYN)
- Medicaid - Healthy Options/Washington Apple Health (specialty care only, including OBGYN)
- Medicare Advantage (specialty care including OBGYN; primary care for existing patients only); Previously Community HealthFirst MA
Swedish is in-network with these Coordinated Care plans:
Swedish is in-network with CorVel for Workers’ Compensation.
Swedish is in-network with the Coventry/First Health PPO network.
Swedish is in-network with the HealthSmart (Interplan) PPO network.
Swedish is in-network with these Humana plans:
- Humana Choice PPO (Medicare Advantage)
- Humana Gold Plus HMO (Medicare Advantage)
- Humana Choice Care PPO Network
- Humana Medicare Supplement
Kaiser Foundation Healthplan of Washington offers a variety of plans in Washington:
- Access PPO and Omni PPO: Swedish hospitals and clinics are in-network.
- Options: Swedish hospitals are in-network. Swedish clinics are in-network with an authorization from Kaiser Permanente Washington, otherwise services will be applied to an out-of-network benefit.
- Elect PPO: Swedish hospitals are in-network. Swedish clinics are out-of-network, unless an authorization has been obtained from Kaiser Permanente Washington.
- Core, Core Select and Medicare Advantage: Swedish hospitals are in-network. However, non-emergency services require an authorization from Kaiser Permanente Washington to come to Swedish. Swedish clinics are out-of-network, unless an authorization has been obtained from Kaiser Permanente Washington.
Swedish Medical Group Pine Lake accepts most Kaiser Permanente WA Plans with the exception of Kaiser Core Select and Virtual plans.
Swedish is in-network with these LifeWise networks:
- LifeWise Preferred
- LifeWise Primary
- LifeWise Connect
- LifeWise Individual Signature Network
- LifeWise Essentials and Cascade Gold, Silver and Bronze plans offered by WA Healthcare Exchange (these plans utilize the Individual Signature Network)
Swedish is out-of-network with:
Swedish accepts Washington Medicaid fee for service and most Medicaid Managed Care plans, including:
Swedish accepts specialty care referrals for out-of-state patients with Medicaid. Patients referred with out-of-state Medicaid must have approval from their out-of-state Medicaid plan. If there is no approval, the services will not be paid. Out-of-state Medicaid patients may not establish in primary care.
- AARP Medicare Complete insurance through United Healthcare
- Community Health Plan of Washington – for specialty care locations only
- Kaiser Foundations Health Plan of Washington – Not designated as in network; prior authorization required
- Molina Healthcare of Washington
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage
- Providence Health Assurance – Snohomish County only
- Regence Blueshield
- United Health Care
- Wellcare – Swedish hospitals are in-network; Swedish clinics are out-of-network
Swedish is in-network with these Molina plans:
- Medicaid - Healthy Options/Washington Apple Health
- Medicare Advantage - Medicare Options Plu
- Exchange - Molina Marketplace
Swedish is out of network with the Multiplan/PHCS PPO network.
Swedish is considered in-network with these Premera networks:
- Premera Foundation and Foundation Plus 1
- Premera Global
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera Heritage Signature and Individual Signature
- Premera Medicare Advantage
- Premera Medicare Supplement
Swedish is considered out-of-network with these Premera networks:
- Premera Heritage Prime
- Premera High PPO
- Premera Standard PPO
- Premera Peak Care EPO
- Premera Core Plus Sherwood HMO
- Swedish is in-network with Providence Health Assurance Medicare Advantage plans
- Swedish is in-network with Providence Health Assurance PPO network
Swedish is in-network with all Regence networks, with the exception of:
- Eastside Health Network - EHN (formerly EvergreenHealth Partners - Virginia Mason)
- Multicare Connected Care
- Regence Individual and Family (Real Value)
- UMP Plus - PSHVN
- UMP Plus - UW Medicine ACN
- UW Medicine
- Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
Swedish is in-network for these TRICARE insurance plans:
Swedish is in-network with most UHC plans, including:
- United Healthcare PPO network
- AARP Medicare Complete
- UHC Community Plan Healthy Options/Washington Apple Health
Swedish is out-of-network with:
- UHC Charter
- UHC Cascade Select
Swedish is in-network with these Uniform Medical plans:
- UMP PPO
- UMP Achieve 1 & 2
- UMP High Deductible PPO
Swedish is out-of-network with these Uniform Medical plans:
To have the US Department of Veterans Affairs pay for services, Veterans’ benefit recipients are required to receive care at a VA facility or have the VA authorize services at a non-VA facility. Swedish is a non-VA facility, thus requires authorization from VA.The VA will also pay in the case of an emergency.
To learn more about obtaining authorization, we recommend you visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
Swedish hospitals and Swedish Clinics (providers) are in-network with all WellCare plans.
- WellCare Value
- WellCare Medicare Advantage
Patients assigned to an Independent Practice Association (IPA) may require a special authorization from the IPA before seeing a Swedish provider.