PSBJ report details stake in Exchange enrollment for Swedish, hospitals
September 30, 2013
By Swedish News
A recent article in the Puget Sound Business Journal details the critical role hospitals are playing in helping King County’s uninsured enroll in health care coverage through the state’s new Health Benefit Exchange (Exchange). In the piece, Swedish’s Tom Gibbon, Medicaid Expansion/Exchange Initiative Leader, highlights how Swedish is helping patients by:
- Meeting patients directly at the point of care to assist them with enrollment
- Providing education materials to patients and an informational toolkit to staff
- Forming a comprehensive project team to implement the system-wide effort
- Facilitating partnerships with leading state/county/community organizations
- Working with other area hospitals to define approaches and share best practices
With open enrollment for health care coverage through the Exchange beginning on Oct. 1, consumers are fast-approaching their time to act. Swedish is proud to be one trusted source to help patients access these new health benefits.
For more information, visit www.Swedish.org/healthreform.