Dr. Lee has practiced in the Seattle area since completing her Orthopaedic Surgery residency at the University of Washington in 2000. In 2008, she began doing hip arthroscopy under the guidance of former University of Washington Professor John M. Clark, MD, PhD. In 2011, Dr. Lee pursued fellowship training at Harvard University to gain experience in the open techniques of hip preservation surgery. She returned to Seattle in 2012 and has focused her practice on both open and arthroscopic management of FAI and dysplasia. Her research interests are in developmental and mechanical aspects of hip morphology. In March, 2017, she joined Dr. Mayo at the Wyss Hip and Pelvis Center to oversee the fellowship curriculum and develop an educational and research program.Read More
1. Lee, CB, Spencer HT. Comparison of Intraoperative Fluoroscopic Dunn View with Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Determine Femoral Version. Arthroscopy. 33(6):1186-1193. Jun, 2017.
2. Lee CB, Spencer HT, Nygaard KF. Femoral Cam Deformity Due to Anterior Capsular Force: A Theoretical Model with MRI and Cadaveric Correlation. J Orthop. 13(4):331-6, July, 2016.
3. Lee CB. Surgical Innovation and Safety: Femoroacetabular Impingement and the IDEAL Collaborative Framework. J Hip Preservation, Dec, 2015.
4. Hingsammer AM, Lee CB, LaReau J, Kalish LA, Kim YJ. Is Acetabular Osteoplasty Always Required in Mixed Impingement? Eur J Surg Traumatol, 25(2):331-8. Feb, 2015.
5. Lee CB, Kalish LA, Millis MB, Kim YJ. Predictors of Blood Loss and Haematocrit after Periacetabular Osteotomy. Hip International, Suppl 9:S8-S13, 2013.
6. Lee CB, Matheney T, Yen YM. Case Reports: Acetabular Damage after Mild Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis. Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, 471(7):2163-72, July, 2013.
7. Harris-Hayes M, McDonough CM, Leunig M, Lee CB, Callaghan JJ, Roos, EM. Clinical Outcomes Assessment in Clinical Trials to Assess Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement: Use of Patient-reported Outcome Measures. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 21(suppl 1): 39-46, 2013.
8. Lee CB, Mata-Fink A, Millis MB, Kim YJ. Demographic Differences in Adolescent-diagnosed and Adult-diagnosed Acetabular Dysplasia Compared with Infantile Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip. Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics. 33(2):107-11, March, 2013.
9. Lee CB, Kim YJ. Imaging Hip Dysplasia in the Skeletally Mature. Orthopedic Clinics of North America. 43(3):329-42, 2012.
10. Lee CB, Clark JM. Fluoroscopic Demonstration of Femoroacetabular Impingement During Hip Arthroscopy. Journal of Arthroscopy. 27(7):994-1004, 2011.
11. Sullivan L, Lee CB, Simonian P. Simultaneous Avulsion Fracture of the Tibial Tubercle with Patellar Ligament. American Journal of Knee Surgery, 13(3):156-8, 2000.
Books and chapters
1. Lee CB, Millis MB. Alternatives to Periacetabular Osteotomy for Adult Acetabular Dysplasia. Instructional Course Lectures. 62:287-95, 2013.
2. Lee CB, Millis MB. Patient Selection for Rotational Pelvic Osteotomy. Instructional Course Lectures. 62:265-77, 2013.
3. Lee CB, Kim YJ. Special Conditions: Acetabular Dysplasia. In Diagnosis and Surgical Treatment of Hip Disease (McCarthy J, Villar, R, Noble P, eds.) Springer, 2014.