1. Brown TD, Ettinger DS, Donehower RC. A phase I trial of spirohydantoin mustard (NSC 172112) in patients with advanced cancer. J Clin Oncol 4:1270-1276, 1986.
2. Sarosy GA, Brown TD, Von Hoff DD, Spiegel RJ, Golando JP, Beougher KL, Kuhn JG, Kisner DL. Phase I study of alpha-2-interferon plus doxorubicin in patients with solid tumors. Cancer Res 46:5368-5371, 1986.
3. Von Hoff DD, Sarosy G, Brown TD, Kuhn JG, Kisner DL. Rationale for and conduct of a phase I clinical trial with interferon alfa-2b plus doxorubicin. Seminars in Oncology 13:72-77, 1986.
4. Friess GG, Brown TD, Wrenn RC. Improvement in cardiac ectopy during gamma interferon infusion: A Case Report. (Letter) Cancer Treat Rep 70:1463-1464, 1986.
5. Brown TD, Donehower RC, Grochow LB, Rice AP, Ettinger DS. A phase I study of menogaril in patients with advanced cancer. J Clin Oncol 5:92-99, 1987.
6. Brown TD, Koeller J, Beougher K, Golando J, Bonnem EM, Spiegel RJ, Von Hoff DD. A phase I clinical trial of recombinant DNA gamma interferon. J Clin Oncol 5:790-798, 1987.
7. Lillis PK, Brown TD, Beougher K, Koeller J, Marcus SG, Von Hoff DD. Phase II trial of recombinant beta interferon in advanced colorectal cancer. Cancer Treat Rep 71:965-967, 1987.
8. Brown TD, Fleming TR, Shildt RA, Cowan JD. Phase II trial of bisantrene in hepatocellular carcinoma: A Southwest Oncology Group Study. Cancer Treat Rep 71:1101-1102, 1987.
9. Arteaga CL, Brown TD, Kuhn JG, Shen H-SL, O’Rourke TJ, Beougher K, Brentzel HJ, Von Hoff DD, Weiss GR. Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic trial of Brequinar sodium (Dup 785; NSC 368390). Cancer Res 49:4648-4653, 1989.
10. Friess GG, Brown TD, Wrenn RC, Cardiovascular rhythm effects of gamma recombinant DNA interferon. Invest New Drugs 7:275-280, 1989.
11. Kuhn J, Brown TD, Havlin K, Craig J, Koeller J, Wargin W, Lucas S, Tuttle R, Von Hoff DD. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the arylmethylaminopropanediols (Crisnatol, BWA773U, BWA502U). Invest New Drugs 4:454, 1989.
12. Brown TD. Biologic response modifiers: understanding biologic systems (ed). Texas Medicine 85:4-5, 1989.
13. Grem JL, King SA, Constanza ME, Brown TD. Hypersensitivity reactions to trimetrexate. Invest New Drugs 8:211-214, 1990.
14. Kuebler JP, Goodman PJ, Brown TD, Crawford ED, Reitz CL, Knight WA III, Kish JA. Phase II study of continuous infusion recombinant gamma interferon in renal carcinoma. A Southwest Oncology Group study. Invest New Drugs 8:307-309, 1990.
15. Von Hoff DD, Kuhn JG, Havlin KA, Langevin AM, Brown TD, Weiss GR, Turner JN, Purvis J, Lucas VS, Bair KW, Wargin W, Hubbel J, Tuttle RL, Koeller JM, Freeman GL. Phase I and clinical pharmacology trial of 502U83 using a monthly single dose schedule. Cancer Res 50:7496-7500, 1990.
16. Keaton M, Brown T, Craig J, Fries G, Harmon G, Zaloznik A, Orczyk G, Von Hoff D. Phase II study of carbetimer in non-small cell lung cancer. Invest New Drugs 8:385-386, 1990.
17. Rizzo J, Riley C, Von Hoff D, Phillips J, Brown TD. Analysis of anticancer drugs in biological fluids: Determination of taxol with application to clinical pharmacokinetics. J Pharm Biomed Anal 8:159-164, 1990.
18. Von Hoff DD, Fleming TR, Macdonald JS, Goodman PJ, Van Damme J, Brown TD, O’Rourke T, Feun LG, Keppen MD. Phase II evaluation of recombinant (-interferon in patients with advanced pancreatic carcinoma: A Southwest Oncology Group study. J Biological Response Modifiers 9:584-587, 1990.
19. Brown TD, Goodman PJ, Fleming TR, Baker LH, Macdonald JS. Phase II trial of menogaril in adenocarcinoma of the pancreas: A Southwest Oncology Group study. Invest New Drugs 9:77-78, 1991.
20. Brown TD, Goodman PJ, Fleming TR, Taylor SA, Macdonald JS. Phase II trial of echinomycin in advanced colorectal cancer. A Southwest Oncology Group study. Invest New Drugs 9:113-114, 1991.
21. Von Hoff DD, Fleming TR, Macdonald JS, Goodman PJ, Van Damme J, Brown TD, O’Rourke T, Feun LG, Keppen MD. Phase II evaluation of recombinant gamma interferon (rGIFN) in patients with advanced pancreatic carcinoma: A Southwest Oncology Group study. J Immunother 10:175-179, 1991.
22. Brown TD, Mitchell MS, Pazdur R, Wadler S, Weiss GR. Working conference on biomodulator and chemotherapy combination therapies. Invest New Drugs 9:209-214, 1991.
23. Brown T, Havlin K, Weiss G, Cagnola J, Koeller J, Kuhn J, Rizzo J, Craig J, Phillips J, Von Hoff D. A phase I trial of taxol given by a 6-hour intravenous infusion. J Clin Oncol 9:1261-1267, 1991.
24. Brown TD, Goodman P, Fleming T, Macdonald JS, O’Rourke T, Taylor SA, Neefe JR, Gaynor E. Phase II trial of recombinant DNA gamma-interferon in advanced colorectal cancer: A Southwest Oncology Group study. J Immunother 10:379-382, 1991.
25. Brown TD, Goodman P, Fleming T, Macdonald JS, Hersh EM, Braun TJ. A phase II trial of recombinant tumor necrosis factor in patients with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas: A Southwest Oncology Group Study. J Immunother 10:376-378, 1991.
26. Hersh EM, Metch BS, Muggia FM, Brown TD, Whitehead RP, Budd GT, Rinehart JJ, Crawford ED, Bonnet JD, Behrens BC. Phase II studies of recombinant human tumor necrosis factor alpha in patients with malignant disease. A summary of the Southwest Oncology Group Experience. J Immunother 10:426-431, 1991.
27. Ravdin PM, Havlin KA, Marshall MV, Brown TD, Koeller JM, Kuhn JG, Rodriguez G, Von Hoff DD. A phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic trial of hepsulfam. Cancer Research 51:6268-6272, 1991.
28. Muggia FM, Brown TD, Goodman PJ, Macdonald JS, Hersh EM, Fleming TR, Leichman L. High incidence of coagualopathy in phase II studies of recombinant tumor necrosis factor in advanced pancreatic and gastric cancer. Anti-Cancer Drugs 3:211-217, 1992.
29. Weiss GR, Liu PY, O’Sullivan J, Alberts DS, Brown TD, Neefe JR, Hutchins LF. A randomized phase II trial of trimetrexate or didemnin B for the treatment of metastatic or recurrent squamous carcinoma of the uterine cervix: a Southwest Oncology Group trial. Gyn Onc 45:303-306, 1992.
30. Wall J, Burris H, Von Hoff D, Rodriguez G, Kneuper-Hall R, Shaffer D, O’Rourke T, Brown TD, Weiss G, Clark G, McVea S, Brown J, Johnson R, Friedman C, Smith AB, Mann W, Kuhn J. A phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of the topoisomerase I inhibitor topotecan (SK & F 104864) given as an intravenous bolus every 21 days. Anticancer Drugs 3:337-345, 1992.
31. Harvey W, Fleming T, Brown TD, Goodman P, Riley J, Rivkin S, Macdonald J. Phase II study of trimetrexate in previously untreated patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: A Southwest Oncology Group Study. Invest New Drugs 11:45-46, 1992.
32. Brown TD, Goodman PJ, Fleming T, Macdonald JS, Craig JB, Einstein AB. Phase II trial of amonafide in advanced colorectal cancer: A Southwest Oncology Group Study. Anti-Cancer Drugs 4:49-50, 1993.
33. Rodriguez G, Brown TD, Balis FM, Craig JB, Denham CA, Kuhn JG, Havlin K, Von Hoff DD. A phase I trial of trimetrexate (NSC352122) on a daily x 5 schedule in patients with refractory adult leukemia. Anti-Cancer Drugs 4:163-166, 1993.
34. Weiss GR, Brown TD, Kuhn JG, Von Hoff DD, Earhart RH, Adams WJ, Brewer JE, Hosley JD, Kasunic DA. A phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of the oral and the oral/intravenous administration of menogaril. Invest New Drugs 11:17-27, 1993.
35. O’Rourke TJ, Brown TD, Havlin K, Kuhn JG, Craig JB, Burris HA, Satterlee WG, Tarassoff PG, Von Hoff DD. Phase I clinical trial of gemcitabine given as an intravenous bolus on five consecutive days. European Journal of Cancer 30A: 417-418, 1994.
36. Marshall ME, Tangen CM, Berenberg JL, Balcerzak SP, Brown T, Macdonald JS. Treatment of advanced colorectal carcinoma with 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin and Roferon-A�: A Southwest Oncology Group Study. Cancer Biotherapy 9:301-306, 1994.
37. Casper ES. Green MR, Kelsen DP, Heelan RT, Brown TD, Flombaum D, Trochanowski B, Tarassoff PG. Phase II trial of gemcitabine (2,2¢-difluorodeoxycytidine) in patients with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. Invest New Drugs 12:29-34, 1994.
38. Brown TD, O’Rourke TJ, Kuhn JG, Craig JB, Havlin K, Burris H III, Cagnola J, Hamilton JM, Grindey GB, Satterlee WG, Von Hoff DD. Phase I trial of sulofenur (LY186641) given orally on a daily x 21 schedule. Anti-Cancer Drugs 5:151-159, 1994.
39. Petros WP, Chaney SG, Smith DG, Fangmeier J, Sakata M, Brown TD, Trump DL. Pharmacokinetic and biotransformation studies of ormaplatin in conjunction with a phase I clinical trial. Cancer Chemo & Pharm 33:347-354, 1994.
40. Brown TD, Fleming TR, Goodman PJ, Macdonald JS, Pugh RP, O’Rourke T. A randomized trial of two schedules of trimetrexate versus 5-fluorouracil in advanced colorectal cancer: A Southwest Oncology Group study. Anti-Cancer Drugs 6:219-223, 1995.
41. Havlin KA, Kuhn JG, Koeller J, Boldt DH, Craig JB, Brown TD, Weiss GR, Cagnola J, Phillips J, Harman G, et al. Deoxyspergualin: phase I clinical, immunologic and pharmacokinetic study. Anti-Cancer Drugs 6:229-236, 1995.
42. Fleming TR, Brown TD, Ross SW, Macdonald JS. Phase II trial of trimetrexate in advanced esophageal cancer: a southwest oncology group study. Investigational New Drugs 13:363-365, 1996.
43. Rothenberg ML, Moore MJ, Cripps MC, Andersen JS, Portenoy RK, Burris HA III, Green MR, Tarassoff PG, Brown TD, Casper ES, Storniolo AM, Von Hoff DD. A phase II trial of gemcitabine in patients with 5-FU-refractory pancreas cancer. Annals of Oncology 7:347-353, 1996.
44. Brown TD. Chemotherapy in Stage II/Duke’s B2 colon cancer: tolerable but necessary? American Journal of Gastroenterology. 91(7):1466-7, 1996.
45. Yoder LH, O’Rourke TJ, Etnyre A, Spears DT, Brown TD. Expectations and experiences of patients with cancer participating in phase I clinical trials. Oncology Nursing Forum. 25:891-896, 1997.
46. Whitehead RP, Jacobson J, Brown TD, Taylor SA, Weiss GR, Macdonald JS. Phase II trial of paclitaxel and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in patients with pancreatic carcinoma: a Southwest Oncology Group Study. J Clinical Oncology 15:2414-2419, 1997.
47. Venook AP, Egorin MJ, Rosner GL, Brown TD, Jahan TM, Batist G, Hohl R, Budman D, Ratain MJ, Kearns CM, Schilsky RL. A phase I and pharmacokinetic trial of Paclitaxel in patients with hepatic dysfunction: Cancer and Leukemia Group B 9264. J Clin Oncol 16(5):1811-9, 1998.
48. Burris HA III, Raymond E, Awada A, Kuhn JG, O’Rourke TJ, Brentzel J, Lynch W, King SY, Brown TD, Van Hoff DD. Pharmacokinetic and Phase I studies of brequinar (DUP 785; NSC 368390) in combination with cisplatin in patients with advanced malignancies. Investigational New Drugs 16(1):19-27, 1998.
49. Hidalgo M, Rodriguez G, Kuhn JG, Brown TD, Weiss G, MacGovren JP, von Hoff DD, Rowinsky EK. A Phase I and pharmacological study of the glutamine antagonist acivicin with amino acid solution aminosyn in patients with advanced solid malignancies. Clinical Cancer Research, Vol. 4, Issue 11:2763-2770, 1998.
50. Moore DF, Brown TD, LeBlanc M, Dahlberg S, Miller TP, McClure S, Fisher RI. Phase II trial of menogaril in non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas: A Southwest Oncology Group trial. Invest New Drugs 17:169-172, 1999.
51. Janjan NA, Crane CH, Feig BW, Cleary K, Dubrow R, Curley SA, Ellis LM, Vauthey J-N, Lenzi R, Lynch P, Wolff R, Brown T, Pazdur R, Abbruzzese J, Hoff PM, Allen P, Brown B, Skibber J. Prospective trial of preoperative concomitant boost radiotherapy with continuous infusion 5-fluorouracil for locally advanced rectal cancer. Int J Radiation Onc Biol Phys 47(3):713-718, 2000.
52. Swisher SG, DeFord L, Merriman KW, Walsh GL, Smythe R, Vaporicyan A, Ajani JA, Brown T, Komaki R, Roth JA, Putnam JB. Effect of operative volume on morbidity, mortality and hospital use after esophagectomy for cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 119:1126-1134, 2000.
53. Sanfilippo N J, Crane CH, Skibber J, Feig B, Abbruzzese J, Curley S, Vauthey JN, Ellis LM, Hoff P, Wolff R., Brown TD, Cleary K, Wong A, Phan T, Janjan NA. T4 rectal cancer treated with preoperative chemoradiation to the posterior pelvis followed by multivisceral resection: patterns of failure and limitations of treatment. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp176-183, 2001.
54. Crane CH, Janjan NA, Abbruzzese JL, Curley S, Vauthey JN, Sawaf HB, Dubrow R, Allen P, Ellis LM, Hoff P, Wolff RA, Lenzi R, Brown TD, Lynch P, Cleary K, Rich TA, Skibber J. Effective pelvic symptom control using initial chemoradiation without colostomy in metastatic rectal cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys., Vol. 49, No. 1, pp 107-116, 2001.
55. Crane C.H., Skibber J., Curley S., Abbruzzese JL, Wolff RA, Brown TD, Feig B, Ellis L., Janjan NA, Preoperative Chemoradiation for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer: Rationale, Technique, and Results of Treatment. Seminars in Surgical Oncology, March 2001.
56. Janjan NA, Crane C, Feig BW, Cleary K, Dubrow R, Curley S, Vauthey JN, Lynch P, Ellis LM, Wolff R, Lenzi R, Abrruzzese J, Pazdur R, Hoff PM, Allen P, Brown T, Skibber J. Improved overall survival among responders to preoperative chemoradiation for locally advanced rectal cancer. Am J Clin Oncol Vol. 24(2), 107-112, 2001.
57. Taylor N, Crane C, Skibber J, Feig B, Ellis L, Vauthey JN, Hunt K, Curley S, Hamilton S, Cleary K, Dubrow R, Allen P, Sanfilippo N, Brown T, Wolf R, Sinicrope F, Hoff P, Janjan N. Elective groin irradiation is not indicated among patients with adenocarcinoma of the rectum extending to the anal canal. Int J Radiation Oncol Biol Phys, 51:741-747, 2001.
58. Taylor SA, Giroux DJ, Townsend JJ, Craig JB, Vance RB, Solanki DL, Brown TD, Eyre HJ. Phase II trial of a Amonafide in central nervous system tumors: A Southwest Oncology Group Study. Investigational New Drugs, 20: 113-115, 2002.
59. Crane CH, MacDonald KO, Vauthey JN, Patt Y, Brown T, Cruley S, Wong A, Delclos M, Charnsangavej C, Janjan NA. Limitations of conventional doses of chemoradiation for unresectable biliary cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 53: 969-974, 2002.
60. Patt, Y, Hassan, M, Lozano, R, Brown, T, Vauthey, N, Curley, S, Ellis, L. Phase II trial of systemic continuous 5- fluorouracil (5-FU) and subcutaneous recombinant interferon Alfa-2b for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Clin Oncol. 1;31(3):421-427, 2003.
61. Patt YZ, Hassan MM, Aguayo A, Nooka AK, Lozano RD, Curley SA, Vauthey JN, Ellis LM, Schnirer II, Wolff FA, Charnsangavej C, Brown TD. Oral Capecitabine for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, and gallbladder carcinoma. Cancer 101(3):578-586, 2004.
62. Domont J, Pawlik TM, Boige V, Rose M, Weber JC, Hoff PM, Brown, TD, Morat L, Pignon JP, Raschid A, Jacek D, Sabatier L, Elias D, Tursz T, Soria JC, Vauthey JN. The catalytic subunit of human telomerase reverse transcriptase is an independent predictor of survival in patients undergoing curative resection of hepatic colorectal metastases: a multicenter analysis. J Clin Oncol. 23(13):3086-3093, 2005.
63. Patt YZ, Hassan MM, Lozano RD, Nooka AK, Schnirer II, Zeldis JB, Abbruzzese JL, Brown, TD. Thalidomide in the treatment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma: a phase II trial. Cancer 103(4):749-55, 2005.
64. Zorzi D, Abdalla EK, Pawlik TM, Brown TD, Vauthey JN. Subtotal hepatectomy following neoadjuvant chemotherapy for a previous unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 13(4):347-350, 2006.
65. Hassan M, Imam MA, Thomas MB, Li Y, Morris J, Glover KY, Brown, T, Curley SA, Vauthey JN, Ellis LM, Patt YZ, Abbruzzese JL, Li D. Synergism of C262T Polymorphism of the Catalase Gene and Diabetes or Alcohol in Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Liver International 2006; 26 (s1), 1-9.
66. Shaib YH, El-Serag HB, Nooka AK, Thomas M, Hassan M, Brown TD, Patt YZ. Risk Factors for Intrahepatic and Extrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma: A Hospital Based Case-Control Study. Am J Gastroenterol. 2007 May; 102 (5): 1016-21.
67. Krishnan S, Janjan N, Skibber J, Rodriguez-Bigas M, Wolff RA, Prajnan D, Delclos M, Chang G, Bedrosian I, Hoff P, Eng C, Brown TD, Crane C, Feig B, Morris J, Vadhan S, Hamilton S, Lin E. Phase II Study of Capecitabine (Xeloda) and concomitant boost radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer (LARC) Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2006 Nov 1; 66(3):762-71
68. Lin EH, Curley S, Crane C, Feig B, Skibber J, Vadhan S, Morris J, Ayers GD, Brown T, Janjan N. Retrospective study of capecitabine and celecoxib in metastic colorectal cancer: potential benefits and COX-2 as the common mediator in pain, toxicities and survival? Am Journal of Clinical Oncology. 29(3): 232-9, 2006 Jun.
69. Shaib YH, El-Serag HB, Nooka AK, Thomas M, Brown TD, Patt YZ, Hassan MM. Risk factors for intrahepatic and extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a hospital-based case-control study. Am J Gastroenterol. 102(5):1016-21, 2007.
70. Hassan MM, Spitz MR, Thomas MB, El-Deeb AS, Glover KY, Nguyen NT, Chan W, Kaseb A, Curley SA, Vauthey JN, Ellis LM, Abdalla E, Lozano RD, Patt YZ, Brown TD, Abbruzzesse JL, Li D. Effect of different types of smoking and synergism with hepatitis C virus on risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in american men and women: case-control study. Int J Cancer. 123(8):1883-91, 2008.
71. Hassan MM, Kaseb A, Li D, Patt YZ, Vauthey JN, Thomas MB, Curley SA, Spitz MR, Sherman SI, Abdalla EK, Davila M, Lozano RD, Hassan DM, Chan W, Brown TD, Abbruzzesse JL. Association between hypothyroidism and hepatocellular carcinoma: a case-control study in the United States. Hepatology. 49(5):1563-70, 2009.
1. Weiss GR, Arteaga CL, Brown TD, Craig JB, Harman GS, Koeller JM, Kuhn JG, Von Hoff DD. New anticancer agents. In HM Pinedo, BA Chabner (eds): Cancer Chemotherapy Annual, Number 9, Elsevier Science Publishers BV, Amsterdam, pp. 93-100, 1987.
2. Weiss GR, Arteaga CL, Brown TD, Craig JB, Harman GS, Havlin KA, Koeller JM, Kuhn JG, Von Hoff DD. New anticancer agents. In HM Pinedo, BA Chabner (eds): Cancer Chemotherapy Annual, Number 10, Elsevier Science Publishers BV, Amsterdam, pp. 85-116, 1988.
3. Brown TD, Havlin KA, Koeller JM, Kuhn JG, O’Rourke TJ, Rodriguez GI, Weiss GR, Von Hoff DD. New anticancer agents. In HM Pinedo, BA Chabner (eds): Cancer Chemotherapy & Biological Response Modifiers, No. 11, Elsevier Science Publishers BV, Amsterdam, pp. 115-141, 1990.
4. Brown TD, Von Hoff DD. New therapies of potential significance in breast cancer. In IC Henderson, EC Borden (eds): Advances in Breast Cancer Treatment: Therapeutic Strategies in Oncology, No. 2, Mediscript, London, 1990.
5. Brown T, Havlin K, Weiss G, Rodriguez G, Cagnola J, Koeller J, Kuhn J, Von Hoff D. New anticancer agent trials in the United States: Experience at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. In K. Kimurs, K Yamada, S Carter, D Griswold (eds): Cancer Chemotherapy: Challenges for the Future, Vol. 5, Excerpta Medica, Tokyo, pp. 331-336, 1990.
6. Brown TD, Burris HA, Havlin KA, O’Rourke TJ, Rodriguez GI, Wall JG, Weiss GR. New anticancer agents. In HM Pinedo, DL Longo, BA Chabner (eds): Cancer Chemotherapy Annual, No. 12, Elsevier Science Publishers BV, Amsterdam, pp. 111-146, 1991.
7. Brown TD, Burris HA, Eckardt JR, O’Rourke TJ, Rodriguez GI, Wall JG, Weiss GR. New anticancer agents. In HM Pinedo, DL Longo, BA Chabner (eds): Cancer Chemotherapy & Biological Response Modifiers, No. 13, Elsevier Science Publishers BV, Amsterdam, pp. 115-155, 1992.
8. Brown TD, Gastrointestinal Cancer. In G Weiss (ed): Clinical Oncology Manual, Appleton and Lange Publishers, East Norwalk, CT, 1993.
9. Brown TD, MacDonald J. Gastric, Biliary, and Pancreatic Cancer: Combined Modality Therapy and Chemotherapy. In McBrain, PP Carbone (eds): Current Therapy in Hematology-Oncology, Fifth Edition, Mosby-Year Book, Inc, St. Louis, MO, 1995.